averagejoe

Why NOT to purchase NUUO products?

Hi all,

Last week I opened my third restaurant in NYC. Before we opened I called my online video security company hoping to purchase my usual Geovision GV-2008 hardware compression card and was disappointed to learn they had recently sold out. Due to time constraints I took the advise of my sales representative and decided to purchase a NUUO SCB-4008 hardware compression card. My rep. is very knowledgeable about security cameras and has given great advise on products over the years, so I didn't think twice about purchasing a card from an unknown vendor. He explained to me that NUUO products are relatively new to the US market and that I would be very satisfied with its performance.

We received the card the following morning as promised by the security company and my security integrator had the entire 8 camera system configured in less than an hour. That night we had an incident involving a stolen hand bag so we obviously headed straight for the newly configured security system. After a few minutes we narrowed down the incriminating footage and immediately proceeded to back up to disk. During the backup process we ran into a few small problems so I decided to search for the answer in the manual. After pouring through pages for nearly 20 minutes I could find neither an straight answer nor a technical support phone number. The following morning I called the security only to find out my rep was gone for training purposes or something like that. The young lady who answered the phone suggested I consult NUUO's website for a tech. support phone number. Well what do you know, NO US-BASED TECHNICAL SUPPORT PHONE NUMBER WHATSOEVER....NONE. Conceeding defeat and far too busy with a host of other new construction problems I decided to postpone the troubleshooting questions for my rep. The following morning the guy walked me through the problem and I was very finally able to confront the suspect with the incriminating footage. Thanks guy...you know who you are.

BOTTOM LINE: This card is OK, however, there is ZERO US-based telephone support for NUUO products. Put it this way, by the time tech support replied to my e-mail I had already resolved the issue. Who has time to wait for some bozo to reply when he sees fit. My time is too valuable and I certainly will not be purchasing NUUO products in the future.

Geo luva...

Dear averagejoe,

We understand things were very urgent to you. And we feel truly sorry that we weren't able to help you immediately then.

Would you mind telling us where you are located? Because we have official disties in the States, they can help you directly and immediately. And would you mind messaging me your email address so we can track back the emails?

We want you to know that no matter what kind of problem you experience, you can always mail us at service@nuuo.com

We are happy at your service.

Yung-chung Lin

service@nuuo.com

Can understand your frustrations but in my opinion this is not the fault of NUUO. You can easy email or call them to ask or they have any contact in the USA for technical assistance. You can not expect that each manufacturer in the world has a service number or technical assistance in the USA or each country. Especially these days with internet is anyone easy global. Same for someone from Europe or Asia who using American products. They have to call from their countries to the USA too. So why someone from the USA can't pick up the phone and call to Taiwan???

Think more your your security consultant is responsible to help you with your new product. He should know his products that he is recommending or selling to his clients, and therefore the first person to be contacted. Especially with brand new delivered systems! Did he explained to you how everything works and what to do when something happens. Installation of CCTV equipment is not only hangup few cameras but also the instruction to the clients and after services to new users. But that takes much more then one hour!!! Guess that he also don't know how the equipment works else he could help you easily over the phone...

FYI I am not related to NUUO but just want to put everything in the right perspective... When you buy tomorrow a TV from Sony and the day after it stops working, who you gonna call, Sony or the salesman who delivered you the TV?[/b][/u]

It definitely sounds like the security company dropped the ball. So if the sales person was not there, some one else from the security company should have been able to help you.

I am sure you paid a pretty penny for the system.

I have worked with NUUO cards and ip software and it works pretty good.