emilenaim

view images remotely from a Raysharp 6009UV HELP

I have tried for a week to get to view my images online and getting nowhere, frustration is setting in!!

I have a Raysharp 6009UV bought recently, I set it up with six cams all working fine. My problem started when I tried to view the images using IE.

Downloaded the activeX add-on, and managed to access the control panel which is DxClient. I can stop recording, start recording, change channels remotely BUT can't actually see the images on my IE screen, only black!

The DVR is set with the right ip, right everything and I think all is setup ok because I managed to take control remotely, still no images.

I did get the images showing ONCE. Thought my problems were solved, but next day, back to black screen. The ip address is within the range of the modem, the port has been forwarded to the DVR, the control panel comes up and tells me i am logged in, ....

Tried a factory reset, still get the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated. I get the same thing whether I access the DVR usind the software that came with it DxClient, i tried PCViewer which seems to be the same program. Even trying to access within the network gives the same result.

My conclusion is that it could be the unit. Anyone know how to solve this? Maybe a firmware update?

Please help

Thanks in advance for any replies

I cannot find anylinks for this DVR. I was looking for a manual.

I am assuming that there may be more than one port that this DVR uses, and you may have to open those up on the router as well.

If it worked before then this might be a different problem. If it worked before then it should work again, and you just need to find that "magic bullet" that allowed it to work.

If you have the active x loaded then that should be the "cure".

You have me stumped!

The link to this DVR is here

w w w.raysharp.cn/global/products_view.asp?DirID=15&id=17

Can't post proper link as I'm a newbie here

I'm just hoping there are other brands out there that use the same manufacturer. The firmware page for this company has no firmware downloads.

Also noticed another thing, Its successfull in displaying images over Lan after 11PM!! Twice, when I managed to view, it was after that time (over LAN)

Coincidence?

Still trying, no answer from the manufacturer.

Thanks for looking into it

Hi and welcome to the forum...

Almost did not respond because this is a stumper especially video after 11 ????????????

I dabbled a bit with this line of DVR and I may be able to help. I believe your unit and one that I demo'd are pretty much the same.

Not sure about this but do you have the video port forwarded??? Would not explain why you get images after 11PM.

Again, only assuming your Ray Sharp was the same as the Ray Sharp I demo'd.

Do you have a cross over cat 5 cable?? If so, try accessing the DVR using that. At least it will tell you the DVR is OK. Or if you don't, I have accessed our DVR's using a regular cat 5 cable but had to assign an IP address to my PC ( 192.168.1.105 ). My DVR's IP address is 192.168.1.108.

If you want, PM your public IP address and I'll see if I can access.

Hope this has helped. Very interesting. I almost want to say a memory issue with the PC as I seem to recall such an issue but can't remember if it was with this line of DVR. That does not make sense but thought I would mention it. Deal with so many out there.

Mike

Hi Mike, Thanks for your input.

The firmware is 2.6 G-V-EN dated 20/01/2009

All is working fine except the remote viewing via the internet.

Setup of the network is as follows.

My IP address is 90.210.9.146

The DVR is set to DHCP

The ip address of the DVR is 1 9 2 . 1 6 8 . 0 . 5

The Gateway is set to 1 9 2 . 1 6 8 . 0 . 1

The ip of the modem is 1 9 2 . 1 6 8 . 0 . 1

Subnet set at 2 5 5. 2 5 5. 2 5 5.0

Port is set to 80 on the DVR

The router has been configured to forward port 80 to 1 9 2 . 1 6 8 . 0 . 5

I have set up an account on DynDNS and have emile . getmyip . com as the address to access my DVR

User and password are set at factory setting of admin and 111111

If I try to access DVR from internet explorer, using IP address 9 0 . 2 1 0 . 9 . 1 4 6 , I get the DxClient control panel

I put 1 9 2 . 1 6 8 . 0 . 5 as host, port 80, user: admin and password: 111111

I am then logged in, I can control the recording functions of the DVR, I can change the image on the DVR monitor (not my laptop) BUT the DxCLient shows only a black screen on my laptop

I cannot access the images online only the controls. So I know I am logged in. There are no other PCs connected to the router except my own laptop connected wirelessly

The router I am using is a SAGEM FAST 2504

My laptop ip is 1 9 2 . 1 6 8 . 0 . 6 so there are no conflicts

Haven't got any crossover cables, laptop is wireless with no lan port (compact design, you lose a few xtras on the laptop)

I think that is all the info I have unless i missed something.

Couldn't view the images last night so the timing was just coincidence.

I found another two models that are basically the same machine:

1. w w w . n a bi shi.c o m / cct v3.htm

the other one i cant find anymore, it had DTS-D6009 as the model.

WHat would be the best port to set the DVR at? I'm thinking maybe the internet provider blocks port 80 to stop using the connection for a server, no idea, just grasping at straws.

Thanks for looking into this

Emile

Hi Emile,

I was able to get in and eventually see images. Appears to be a store and I further assume you are overseas as the time was ahead 5 hours.

I had to use the 90 address in the log in. Initially once I connected I too did not see images and walked away from my PC and when I returned I had images. It seemed it took about 5 minutes to load. I disconnected and attempted to log back in and now it will not display images. I closed IE, reopened, and tried again and I was not even able to connect to the viewer. Now I was able to connect and I saw images and someone was in the main menu. I was able to capture a partial screen shot before IE crashed ( attached ). Very Very intermittent Internet connection.

Can't attach images for some odd reason so I created a page

http://shoreviewsecurity.com/dxclient.html

Very very buggy as it crashed my IE several times.

Also, Just before it crashed, the images became extremely pixelated and distorted and since then I have not been able to see any images but I can connect.

Now I am connected and it has been about 10 minutes and no video.

Does seem to be an issue with the DVR????????

Mike

Hi Mike

Thought it was you trying to log in, reason why you went from black screen to viewing images is because i noticed that someone was flicking through the screens, probably you, you wouldnt see anything but you \can still control the DVR. I restarted the DVR and thats when you started viewing. when you started pressing play / record ... on your menu, the DVR froze my end, so had to restart the DVR and changed the password, sorry about that, but had to stop the machine from freezing every time someone accessed it online and tried to manipulate the record / play/ change screen functions.

I get the same thing even on LAN, restart DVR = Hooray can see images... Try to play/stop and it freezes and won't let me back in till I restart the DVR.

The Seller has suggested I change the cable but I think its more serious than that.

They have offered a replacement if I exhaust all avenues and get no result so fingers crossed... I'll have a working one in the end. Thanks for your input on this, got a crash course in DVR systems trying to sort out the problems... Steep learning curve

I'm in the UK by the way

I figured it was you in the menu. And I'm sure a billion people have tried to access. That's why I suggested sending a PM to me with the info. So knowing that I take back the buggy part.

OK, well good luck. I have to agree with you about it being more than the cable but worth a shot. At least you can say you tried everything.

If you get a chance, let us know how you make out. In the mean time, take care!

Mike

Hey Emile,

No, don't give up... email me at the address below your new IP address as the one above does not work any longer.

Has to be something simple. Can't believe 2 DVR's are bad??????

We'll get it

Thanks

Mike

Edited by Guest

Did you manage to fix this problem. I have exactly the same problem as this

Any help would be great

I have tried for a week to get to view my images online and getting nowhere, frustration is setting in!!

I have a Raysharp 6009UV bought recently, I set it up with six cams all working fine. My problem started when I tried to view the images using IE.

Downloaded the activeX add-on, and managed to access the control panel which is DxClient. I can stop recording, start recording, change channels remotely BUT can't actually see the images on my IE screen, only black!

The DVR is set with the right ip, right everything and I think all is setup ok because I managed to take control remotely, still no images.

I did get the images showing ONCE. Thought my problems were solved, but next day, back to black screen. The ip address is within the range of the modem, the port has been forwarded to the DVR, the control panel comes up and tells me i am logged in, ....

Tried a factory reset, still get the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated. I get the same thing whether I access the DVR usind the software that came with it DxClient, i tried PCViewer which seems to be the same program. Even trying to access within the network gives the same result.

My conclusion is that it could be the unit. Anyone know how to solve this? Maybe a firmware update?

Please help

Thanks in advance for any replies

Your problem should be the remote network setup. Actually it needs some basic IT knowledge to setup remote network. You should set a static ip.

See if it helps!

Hope you can get some information from it.