Merlin2000

Hidden Camera?

I'm running WebCam XP on my desktop with a USB camera connected. I would like to add a hidden camera somewhere, and I am not sure what hidden camera to use.

The quality of my current web cam is perfectly fine for my needs (Logitech Obit Web Cam), so I only need something to that quality.

Any suggestions for hidden cameras?

there are so many hidden cameras, but the quality isnot good as your Logitec webcam, maybe i can help you.

There are devices that you can plug in to your USB connection and it will give you 4 video inputs, and you can connect 4 regular wired cameras.

You can get small "mini" cameras http://eclipsecctv.com/ECL-554_mini_camera.html and you can hide them in silk plants, or you can cut out a hole in a box of some sort.

You can buy coverts http://eclipsecctv.com/hidden_surveillance_cameras.html

For a master bedroom you can use a clock radio. The cheap ones will allow you to find the camera if you look close up, and the expensive ones will use smoke plastic to hide them behind.

The range on the products for wireless will be more meaningful to you if you cut that distance in half.

There are stand alone devices that have a built in DVR. They record to an SD card. This can be a simple box that you throw at the bottom of a stack of music CD's or you can have a device that hides in a special a tissue box to make it covert.

There are devices that send the video over the electrical cord in to your wall, and it uses the electrical wiring in your walls as the transmission medium, and you pull the video out from another wall socket.

Look at your room. What would blend in with out drawing attention?

How about computer speakers that have a hidden camera?

I love the PIR detectors the best. They never draw attention to them, and I have beat 90% of the arguments with them. They are usually above your line of sight, and out of mind.

http://scorpiontheater.com/cvr.aspx

What do you think?

Edited by Guest

My experience recently has been that the thieves are aware of PIR cameras , many house breakers rip down the PIR even if they are just conventional alarm PIR's where there is no CCTV fitted.

so not only do they steal from the home but also damage the walls and wiring

i install mini domes inside the home which of course are visible but will have already captured their picture on CCTV by the time they notice , also install at least one covert pinhole camera behind a gyprok wall panel which requires a 3 mm hole in the wall .

see mintron MTV-54C2A

another compulsory point which i have mentioned elsewhere on this forum , i prefer to use external HDD storage connected by USB or firewire which i hide in another part of the house , roof space , wall cavity or inside a safe so the video footage cant be stolen , otherwise the whole CCTV is worthless.

Any suggestions for hidden cameras???

Here comes, hope it helps.

1. This CCD security camera is strictly a side view camera.

2. Camera is positioned at 45 degrees--Smoke Detector does not actually work.

3. The camera employs a 1/4" Sharp CCD solid-state image device which provides extremely long life and high reliability.

4. Ideal for installation with ceiling tile, drop ceiling or anywhere a person can run wire for power behind the camera housing.

CCTV-ZMD-CP123BG-1.jpg