able1

Channel Vision Question

Hello all,

Has anyone here ever used one of these units from Channel Vision??

http://www.channelvision.com/products/view/427/88

I understand that it can be used to inject a camera video signal into to a Digital Cable system such as Comcast and out onto all TV's in the house. And according to the sales lit. it will not interfere with the Digital Cable stuff.

What I can't seem to find is IF the customer presently has standard cable now but MAY go to Digital later will this unit work on the standard analog cable to inject the camera video??

The key word here is MAY go to Digital later. My thought is that if there is the possibility would it not be better to plan for it now??

So my hope is that someone here has actually used this equipment and can share their experience. Will this work, any challenges, hidden issues, etc.

Thanks in advance.

have not used it but from what i read this is not a modulator. it is basically a fancy a/b switch. you put the modulator in one input, the modulator in the other, and then switch between the two. So yes it will work with analog cable, digital cable, even satalite.

have not used it but from what i read this is not a modulator. it is basically a fancy a/b switch. you put the modulator in one input, the modulator in the other, and then switch between the two. So yes it will work with analog cable, digital cable, even satalite.

Hi sviviani,

Thanks for the response.

It would seem that a modulator would be needed for each TV that it is desired to see cameras. That could get expensive since each would need to have a IR receiver.

That is if I am reading the docs correctly. Can you confirm my thoughts.

TIA

Les

This device is used where you cannot run another cable. If you can drop cable then you can use another video input to show the camera, or quad view.

This device is great for preconstruction coax that has been run on exterior walls, or some custom house that has coax running through plant shelves, or other odd construction details preventing you from running coax.

This is also the only solution if the modulator will kill the digital TV signal, and High Def signal.

This device is used where you cannot run another cable. If you can drop cable then you can use another video input to show the camera, or quad view.

This device is great for preconstruction coax that has been run on exterior walls, or some custom house that has coax running through plant shelves, or other odd construction details preventing you from running coax.

This is also the only solution if the modulator will kill the digital TV signal, and High Def signal.

Understood and thanks for the input. Very helpful.