destro_23

NV5000 8ch + IP cam question

I have a NV5000 8 cam system at 120 fps... 15fps per channel..

If i add 2 IP cameras to the 6 analogue are the frames per second, for the IP cameras limited to what the card can do?

ip cameras have seperate fps settings and the Avermedia software also allows for setting of the ip cams fps under camera details. if the fps cannot be set under details it most likely is not controlled via Avermedia. analog is done under recordings.

good question since the availability of different types/manufactures. it is unusual or expensive to exceed 10fps at the ip camera, anything higher is unique and pricey. But, can software exceed the ip camera fps? ie. acti acm-7411 has a max. of 8fps max. resolution. Can I surpass that in software? I say NO since the camera will push 8fps and if I use software to try to increase beyond 8fps to 30fps I'd get 30fps of 8fps images.....basically a waste of 22fps.

know your ip camera specs and then match them on the software/recording to ensure your not wasting system resources.

Well actually what I think he was asking is say for example you have 15 analog cameras on nv5000. each may be running at say 5 fps. Therefore, if you add an IP cameras as the 16th camera, are you limited to the 5 FPS thats left for the 16th camera? or are you capable of the 10fps that IP cam provides?

They would record 15fps max in a 120fps system. Also it depends wether your IP cameras can transmit that many frames (in case you connect them using WAN).

Anyone see that user notes for the newer software downlaod that says maximum of 42 MP per software? I am not sure if that is the NV5000 only or all the cards.

"Limitation]

1. First 10 seconds of each hour would be recorded under motion recording status

2. H264 compression needs more CPU resource and will reduce the FPS per channel

3. OSD control is not supported under dual monitor environment

4. IP camera connection is limited up to 8 channels for NV5000 system

5. Up to 42 mega pixels resolution in total for all IP camera channels could be connected

in one system"

I am running 2x NV6480EXP cards (32 channels) all IP cameras 3MP-5MP each, and this is making me wonder if they will be subject to the 42MP thing. I am hoping it is for the 8 channels on the NV5000 since that would make more sense 8x5=40MP

Anyone else hit a max problem with MP yet?