I finally got the camera in and have been playing with it. Will post some pics this week.

First impressions

A bit larger than a standard box camera so outdoor housing would have to be larger than normal.

POE requires shielded cat5 this to me is a major drawback as most imbedded cat5/6 is unshielded.

directions for downloading from sd card very poor spent a couple of hours and messing around had to load several patches and codex.

Camera seems to have great images during the day.

Night vision shots have more snow than a regular high quality analog day/night.

WIll be checking to see what NVRS support.

Zoom works well

I finally got the camera in and have been playing with it. Will post some pics this week.

First impressions

A bit larger than a standard box camera so outdoor housing would have to be larger than normal.

POE requires shielded cat5 this to me is a major drawback as most imbedded cat5/6 is unshielded.

directions for downloading from sd card very poor spent a couple of hours and messing around had to load several patches and codex.

Camera seems to have great images during the day.

Night vision shots have more snow than a regular high quality analog day/night.

WIll be checking to see what NVRS support.

Zoom works well

I would think shielded cat5 would be recommended not required.

Nice pic.

Is that at 1080p or 3.9MP res?

I was surprised that you can only get 2.5-3ips max out of this camera at 3.9MP res in JPEG. Max frame rates at 1080p only with H.264.

I do like the optical zoom and auto focus. Hopefully its only a matter of time before more megapixel camera's have auto focus feature.

Any feed back on this camera?

..Stay tuned.... I am finishing a covert system we build right now, and it will have one Arecont AV5100DN, and one VCC-HD4000 in it for a back-to-back comparison. At first glance, the Sanyo seems really nice, and I like the auto iris especially. It seems that too many megapixel manufacturers say manual iris is fine, and ignore the fact that when you have the lens set for a good day image (F 4.0 or so) that the night image is going to suffer, and would on a CCD imager, let alone a CMOS.

The price is pretty comparable, when you factor in the cost of a really good Fujinon lens on the Arecont.

I have temp placed the sanyo camera in a hosiptal radiation treatment room.

They have a patient who has to be sedated before they can receive treatemt so this means the vitals have to be monitored but no one can be in the room we have 4 cameras now but this one is temp on a machine that is monitoring the vitals. The problem is we cannot just drill into the leadlined room and run a cable we are using an existing data drop and pulling the video off from the hosiptal network. We hope to have a perminate solution in place this week but the pics are outstanding.

I have temp placed the sanyo camera in a hosiptal radiation treatment room.

They have a patient who has to be sedated before they can receive treatemt so this means the vitals have to be monitored but no one can be in the room we have 4 cameras now but this one is temp on a machine that is monitoring the vitals. The problem is we cannot just drill into the leadlined room and run a cable we are using an existing data drop and pulling the video off from the hosiptal network. We hope to have a perminate solution in place this week but the pics are outstanding.

I am thinking I am going to have to get my hands on this camera to test. Have you tried the hard drive yet?

I ordered one of these as well. Not much info on the web about it at all. I'll get my feet wet with this one I'm sure. Will be here next week.

Here's some shots from mine. All Auto except plate shots at 1000 short shutter. I could do better with all the adjustments this thing has but here goes... Sorry not at 25 posts yet but Rory to the rescue!

The big picture, alot of Dynamic Range in this neighborhood. It's windy here today too...

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5605/bigpicture.jpg

Here's the neighbors place...it's at 40 yards full view full res.... he don't mind this either, he's a saint with nothing to hide.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9947/house1p.jpg

Here I'm trying to see just how saintly he is...judging by his electric meter that is....it's just a little too far for this camera...this is in the front right corner of his house in the above picture. Full view, full res. Zoom in and you can almost read it.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6510/house2d.jpg

Here is a car travelling 45 MPH on the main road (which can be seen in the first picture all the way down in center of picture). This is 140 yards away.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3451/carplate.jpg

Not too many colorful cars so it seems This guy is gonna have some fun today.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1423/kayak.jpg

All in all a pretty decent camera except at night. I'll post some night shots before long. They need to improve upon the frame rates and availability of H.264 resolutions on this camera... Only JPEG can be transmitted which blows... These were all taken at a measly 3 ips.

those are awesome, beats most MP shots ive seen so far.

only thing, how is it at night? I dont think I have one client that doesnt need a low light camera also. This camera would be nice for a large single shot of a store though.

Hey thanks for fixing the links Rory.

It is night challenged. I am throwing some pretty decent light out near the street here (12 yards on some cars) and unless I zoom to say 4x facial recognition is poor. I can get it to look like daytime color what with all the sense-up and long shutter settings but it is very smeary and defeats the purpose of using megapixel at all.

I'll post some night shots tonight.

Yes the only way to record in H.264 is to record to the SD card or USB hard drive. And that is a real bummer. But atleast the recorded video from the local drivs can be brought in based on alarms or time so you dont have to download all of the storage device.

Still very cumbersome. A great little standalone system, no DVR required, but not really the best for my needs. Fun though...

Hrere's the last of the pics. No trick stuff like long shutter only EIris option. This is the best that it gets. Full Res. 300Watts of Halogen lighting, 21 yards to back end of car. That's my evil twin. Full view and 6x zoom for your viewing displeasure...

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3536/snapshot1a.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7933/snapshoto.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4280/snapshot2ab.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9265/snapshot2w.jpg

Yes the only way to record in H.264 is to record to the SD card or USB hard drive. And that is a real bummer. But atleast the recorded video from the local drivs can be brought in based on alarms or time so you dont have to download all of the storage device.

Still very cumbersome. A great little standalone system, no DVR required, but not really the best for my needs. Fun though...

Does it come with client software to manage more then one camera like Mobotix or do you have to log into each camera individually? Not being able to stream mpeg-4 or h.264 doesn't make any sense. Streaming and storing a 4 megapixal image in mjpeg will be very expensive and limit the number of cameras you can use on the network.

It can only transmit JPEG, Nothing else. It will only send JPEG to Luriot for recording. 3.9 MP is available only in JPEG both stream and record...period. I know it stinks but those are the parameters. In addition to this you have H.264 only mode which will give you the nicest picture to view but no quality stills to record. 1820 * 1080 HD only available for recording on SD or USB HDD.

In short ypu will have the prettiest most efficient video to view but the recorded is not so.

This device is leveraged technology from the Sanyo HD1000 video camera, nothing more. Having said that it is a really nice piece in it's own right!

And it does come with some client software but with limited functionality ie no record. The most useful function of it was to change the ip addy which can be done with the osd ond side buttons anyways. You do have to go into the IE app to configure the camera properly as Luxriot simply cant support all of the features this has to offer. I mean this thing has onboard everything.