cableguy

21 Camera, AP, Network Project

Hello guys long time to be on line i was around all the time now i am back in my office. "home sweet home".

I got a problem but i cannot found any solution my head is going to blow up.

In a project we are using 21 camera.

2 * Analogue IR camera (Brand MINKING i dont remeber the model but is for long distance).

2 * IP server (single channel) Acti i think model 2100

19 * IP camera Samsung SCC-C6475P

The most of the connection are wireless and the AP that we are using is ALVARION.

The system has been test with nuuo and milestone Software but the problem is the same.

THE problem is that we are loosing connection with 3-4 cameras.

the 2 has problem because the UTP cable is about 70m-85m.

the other 2 cameras are connected straight to the AP (Alvarion) but listen that, When i connect my laptop with the camera everything seems work really good i am not loosing a single "PING", but when i connected to the AP i am loosing a lot of and the screen doesnot even reach to the control room. by the way when i am in control room and ping the AP is loosing a few ping's.

If i disconnect the camera and connect a small laptop and do a file trasfer everything work fine and when i am ping the AP is not loosing a single ping.

I think from my experience that the problem is not the CAMERA. The problem coming from AP because the LIVE STREAMING.The IP Camera is simple without a QoS (Osi Model) and the laptop got top higher layer at the osi model with QoS.

But from the company that represent alvarion in Greece says that their NETWORK work really fine.

Can you please help with any ideas?

P.S. Btw do you know anyway that i can solve the problem in the camera that the cable is around 70-85m? I am using a switch in the start but its doesnot help a lot.

Best regards to all!

Dear cableguy,

Did you try to install another AP or try it with another wired device?

Because it may sound like a problem with the network hardware instead of the software.

Or you may temporarily reduce the number of connected cameras and see what will happen.

Best,

Yung-chung Lin

Dear cableguy,

Did you try to install another AP or try it with another wired device?

Because it may sound like a problem with the network hardware instead of the software.

Or you may temporarily reduce the number of connected cameras and see what will happen.

Best,

Yung-chung Lin

i am think the same that the problem became from network......

But i cannot get it how is possible to plug a computer instead of camera and not loosing a single ping when we try to sent a big file to another computer in the network and when we plug it back nothing no picture from the camera.......

try increasing the power of the AP to get the SN up or get better antennas

you might want to drop the speed from 54 to 22 or 11 and see if that helps.

You can FTP a 100mb file and work out the real link speed.

A continuous pinger program can be useful for testing also. [they have a realtime graph.]

z

try increasing the power of the AP to get the SN up or get better antennas

you might want to drop the speed from 54 to 22 or 11 and see if that helps.

You can FTP a 100mb file and work out the real link speed.

A continuous pinger program can be useful for testing also. [they have a realtime graph.]

z

Maybe a problem occurs cause QoS?? because when u tranfer a file across the network doesnt matter the queue that will arrive first, but in a live motion picture its count and if u miss one packet the network (camera or ap) getting confuse........

maybe i am saying bull****s

yes trying too hard !

I doubt it even if the packet is tagged you need a switch/router that can read it and give a higher priority

2 cams should be fine on a 54Mb link

can you check for errors & CRC`s and all that on the switch ?

z