niguel gunther

hooking up dvr to security sys.

hi all

i have a FBII XL-2T security system and a eclipse nubix 16ch mpeg4 dvr

my dvr has motion detection but how do i hook it up to my alarm so thet when it detects any motion that the alarm will go off ??

pls help thx

We do not recommend that you set up the system to have the DVR trigger an alert to the alarm panel. You may get false alarms causing the police to show up, and charging you expensive false alarm charges.

http://scorpiontheater.com/io.aspx

Does your DVR use Video Server E?

You can have your laptop set up to go in to alarm when it detects motion, a siren will sound over the speakers to alert you without having the Alarm Panel being triggered.

yes i understand that but i would like to know how to hook it up it's for an expiriment end this system is not hooked to a security company

i c the R1, R1,R2,R2,R3,R3,R4,R4 but wich one do i have to connect to the alarm panel for the trigger???

also thx for fast reply

I do not know your panel. You need to post a link to the manual for your panel www dot example dot com

You can tie it in with your doors, and windows, but it would be better on it own zone

ok here is a link to my alarm panel : www duplexplusz.hu/file/xl2tiiv2.pdf i cannot post urls yet so that's why the space after www

i cant seem to find a manual for my nubix 16 ch mpeg4 dvr

We do not recommend that you set up the system to have the DVR trigger an alert to the alarm panel. You may get false alarms causing the police to show up, and charging you expensive false alarm charges.

You can have your laptop set up to go in to alarm when it detects motion, a siren will sound over the speakers to alert you without having the Alarm Panel being triggered.

Read what Scorpion wrote again... it will be quite difficult to strike the right balance between sensitivity and alarm falsing if you're relying soley on motion detection

Read what Scorpion wrote again... it will be quite difficult to strike the right balance between sensitivity and alarm falsing if you're relying soley on motion detection

Yes, but read what niguel wrote again:

yes i understand that but i would like to know how to hook it up it's for an expiriment end this system is not hooked to a security company

Now, as for the hookup...

Is there anything else on this alarm (your home system, etc.) or is it solely for experimentation?

One thing, if you'll definitely want this on its own zone. You have 7 available, according to the manual. If you use Zone 7, be sure to program it for something other than PANIC mode, or the DVR triggers will set it off even if the system is disarmed (unless that's what you want).

Most alarm sensors operate as normally-closed, and trigger when they go open. If you can, use a normally-closed output relay on the DVR. If it only supports normally-open relays, you may need to program the alarm to accept that on the zone you use. The EOL resistor SHOULDN'T be required, but if you have problems with it triggering, try simply adding one in parallel at the panel connections.

Hmm, actually, looking at the DVR manual, it appears to only have a normally-open output circuit, which means it closes the circuit when triggered. Looking at p.54 of the DVR manual, and decoding the horrible Engrish, it looks like you'd use pins 13 and 25 of the DB25 connector. If you were going to use Zone 7 of the alarm panel then, you'd wire those to terminals 8 and 10.

You can use a relay between the DVR, and the panel. There are traditional relays with coils, and there are electronic relays.

You can change some of the parameters of the DVR to change the sensitivity of the motion detection.

You can also hook sirens, and strobe lights to be controlled by the DVR instead of the alarm panel.

You can use a relay between the DVR, and the panel. There are traditional relays with coils, and there are electronic relays.

You could, but it's quicker and easier to simply reprogram the zone for NO rather than NC operation. They're designed to do exactly that.

You can also hook sirens, and strobe lights to be controlled by the DVR instead of the alarm panel.

That's true, but you lose some flexibility of control (arm/disarm, entry/exit delay, etc.)

Looking at p.54 of the DVR manual, and decoding the horrible Engrish, it looks like you'd use pins 13 and 25 of the DB25 connector. If you were going to use Zone 7 of the alarm panel then, you'd wire those to terminals 8 and 10.

hey guys thx for all the replies but i still cant get the thing to work , i just dont know where to plug in the 2 cables from my zone 7

on the back of the dvr there is a section for ALAROM OUT and there are dry contactts , R1, R1, R2, R2, R3, R3, R4, R4.

wich which 2 must lead to my zone 7 ??? and do i use a 2.2k resistor alo here?

The advice given is for someone who has the technical expertise to do this kind of work.

Do you have someone you can lean on to help?

Hmm, actually, looking at the DVR manual, it appears to only have a normally-open output circuit, which means it closes the circuit when triggered. Looking at p.54 of the DVR manual, and decoding the horrible Engrish, it looks like you'd use pins 13 and 25 of the DB25 connector. If you were going to use Zone 7 of the alarm panel then, you'd wire those to terminals 8 and 10.

what dvr manual r u talkin about? i have the eclipse nubix mpeg4 16ch dvr

no i dont have ne1 that could teach it to me if that is what you mean

i have gotten the dvr buzzer to beep as soon an it detects ne motion , so i know that that works but now i need to know to wich of the contacts i need to connect my alarm pannel

I was looking at that, plus the OP's link to the panel documentation, when I made my original post in this thread.

Based on those two documents, pins 13 and 25 of the DB25 connect to an input zone on the panel - if one was to use zone 7, that would be terminals 8 and 10. Which is exactly what I said before, and what you've said as well.

If that doesn't work, then that is probably the wrong manual. The OP refers to "R1, R1, R2, R2, etc." outputs on the back panel, which don't appear in that manual.

Niguel, I don't think that manual Scorpion is providing is the proper one for your DVR. I googled "nubix 16 ch mpeg4 dvr" and came up with several pictures, many of which look very different from the unit in Scorpion's link. This site lists FOUR different 16-channel MPEG4 DVRs under the Nubix name: http://www.stardvr.com/NUBIXSERIES.html. I found another hit here that actually lists it under the Eclipse name, and it also looks very different from the one in Scorpion's link: http://www.cctvoutlet.com/SPEC%20SHEETS/nubix16_07.pdf

We really need more details on the exact DVR you have - a "part number", or model sub-identifier perhaps (that first link shows a 16, 16LT, 16LD and 16DX variations)... even a photo of your DVR. Or look at the photos in the first link and see if it looks like any of those.

Bingo... now we just need Scorpion to work his magic and find us the right manual!

While we're waiting, meantime... it sounds like you have four separate alarm outputs available, and you should be able to connect the panel zone to any one of the R1/R1, R2/R2, R3/R3 or R4/R4 pairs. The trick then is, you'll need to configure in the DVR, which alarm output you want to trigger on motion. For example, you can probably tell it, motion on camera 1 will trigger an alarm on output on R1; motion in a certain zone on camera 5 will trigger an alarm on output R2; and so on.