niguel gunther

hooking up dvr to security sys.

There you go, Niguel... grab the manual there, it has everything you need. The alarm-out configuration is shown on page 48 of the PDF (section 3-3-4). In this case, it looks like the relays can be set up to operate normally-open OR normally-closed, so they'll work with any of the standard zones on the alarm panel.

ok i tried it but the relay stay N/C but when the motion is detected , the buzzer does sound but the trigger does not send to my panel ,

i have set it to all the relay also but none send the trigger ( strange ) this is a new unit so i hope its not broken

and the selection of N/O N/C is for the sensors and not the motion detection i think

Okay, first thing to do here is determine that each part of the system is working properly.

Quick primer on "typical" alarm panel inputs: Normally, most zones will want to operate as normally-closed... that is, they expect to see a connection across the terminals, and if that connection is broken, they trigger. Zone 7 on your panel by default is set as a "Panic" zone, which means it expects and open circuit, and connecting the two terminals (like with a panic button switch) will trigger the alarm. Those are the defaults for that panel, but all the zones appear to be programmable; we're just sticking with the defaults for simplicity.

So first thing to do, if you haven't already, is to test that the panel is working properly. The Panic input should work even when disarmed, so simply touching a wire between terminals 8 and 10 should trigger an alarm on the panel.

Assuming that's all good, you can test that the DVR's outputs are working with a multimeter or continuity tester. It's hard to tell from the diagram in the PDF manual just because the picture is so small, but output 1 SHOULD be the two R1 terminals. According to page 48 of the PDF, if you're on the "Alarm Out" tab of the setup menu, "Alarm 1~12 : It sends the alarm output to checked ports. From 1 to 4, the output is dry contact. So you can connect directly the other electronic devices using this ports. From 5 to 12, the output is TTL. So you can use this signal to control the other devices."

So for each camera you want to trigger an output, you'd check the "Alarm 1" box. For the sake of testing, you can just check them all right across the top row.

Connecting your continuity tester across the R1 terminals should now tell you whether that relay is being tripped. If it's set for NC (normally closed) operation, you'll see continuity when nothing is happening, and lose it when the event triggers. If it's set for NO (normally open), you'll get no response until an event triggers, and then see continuity.