NOWIN

TROUBLE, GE DVMRe 10CT

MORNING PEOPLES, I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY GE DVMRe 10CT, AND WHAT IS MY PROBLEM YOU THINK? LOL ALL BY IT SELF IT JUST STARTED CLICKING AND CLICKING NOTHING WAS PROGRAMED TO CLICK. SO POWERED DOWN A MINUTE AND START UP JUST WHEN ABOUT 15 SECONDS AND JUST RETRIES TO BOOT UP OVER AND OVER AND OVER. ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA THATS DOESN'T COST ALOT OF CASH; TOM

MAYBE....FAN DOES BLOWS (YOU PUT THIS IN AN ENCLOUSUR AND THEN THE FAN DOESN'T MOVE AIR AND YOUR HARD DRIVE TAKES A ...)

HARD DRIVE HUMMMM, DOES THIS BOOT UP FROM THE HARD DRIVE OR ANOTHER TYPE OF STORAGE DEVICE ON BOARD?

LETS KEEP THIS REPAIR CHEAP LOL

this repair will cost what it will cost, you or me or anyone else can change that. now is the clicking coming from the fan the hard drive or somewhere else?

where is this clicking comming from? not the fan, i guess i should take the cover off the unit and check it out, it does sound like a relay click sound. the clicking was the first sign of trouble, its not booting up now. i'm going to talk to it now and see what it has to say to me lol, tom

OK THE CLICKING IS COMMING FROM BOTH HARD DRIVES (320 GB TOTAL). I FEEL WHERE THIS IS GOING ... WHEN IT BOOTS UP THE MONITOR SHOWS ITS GOING ONLY TO 163 GB LOADING IT NOT GOING TO 320 LIKE BEFORE. I HAVE A 4 CT 320GB ON THE SHELF I'M GOING TO TAKE THOSE HD'S AND SWITCH. ALL THIS READING ABOUT THIS STUFF IS RELIGHTING A SMALL FIRE IN ME HA HA

Replace both hard drives with two 500GB PATA drives. When done, contact GE's website and there is a utility that will allow you to install few files on the first drive (for mainly remote connection) and it does it automatically. Also, I will suggest to replace the external power supply with higher capacity unit... These units have these generic problems with the power supply and drives, otherwise everything else holds up fairly good.

GE DID SHIP SOME WITH A CHEAPER P/S LOL. WHERE SHOULD THESE HD's COME FROM WWW.. THE GE INTERLOGIC OR GE SECURITY AND LOOK FOOR UPGRADES, DOWNLOADS I GUESS

Power supply that you should have gotten is 5A 12VDC... You should consider the next level which is 7.5A...

As for the hard drives, there are plenty of surveillance grade drives in the market... try www.newegg.com and others... they are fairly cheap...