phoenixr1

Noisy picture on Axis 211 ?

There are around 10 Axis 211 IP cameras installed in the system I operate. They were installed about 4 months ago by someone with minimal experience with IP cameras, and I'm afraid that would be the cause for the current predicament.

Of those 10 cameras, some look absolutely amazing, with a crystal clear image and 22+ framerate. But some look just absolutely terrible, with either a slower framerate, or a very noisy image, or both. I hope someone here knows what I mean by "noisy". No matter how I adjust the low light behavior (or any of the other image settins), it elicits an undesirable result. I've even updated firmware for all the cameras.

On one end of the spectrum, If I dial down the Max Exposure time, it helps get rid of the noise, but it GREATLY reduces the framerate. I have to keep the Max Exposure time to around 1/30 to maintain framerate, but there again, the noise in the image is frickin' rediculous.

Is it possible that the physical lens setting is not where it should be?

to the light meter batman.....

what lenses are on them ?

must be dark to go down to 1/30th ?? [like 10 lux]

more light ! might be as easy as changing some bulbs or fluro's to higher power. from 40 to 60w globes for example.... or the color temp

z

Being that these are gaming tables, I have some doubt that the issue is inadequate lighting, but I will say it's possible. I think the lenses might be more to blame. I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think the lenses on the cameras were the standard DC lenses that came with them, which could very well be the problem, and examining these cameras is something that has to be arranged ahead of time. I don't have a means to measure the lux, so that's unfortunately not an option for me. I'll start with examining the lenses on the offending cameras, and then move from there to lighting levels, etc. in an effort to correct this.

Thanks for the input!

What do you have the max gain set to? I changed mine in my 207MW to 10.5dB and it changed from grainy to quite good.

How did your framerate hold up after you changed your MG?

I do have the same problem in using Axis IP camera, I installed 10 Axis IP dome camera, 4 PTZ and 6 fix 216 FD, 4 PTZ are ok, giving good view but for fix the view is flickering under fluorescent lamp, what should I do?

does it has something to do with fluorescent lamp? or lens problem?

thanx....

deep in the settings there is a 50-60hz setting try that, also there is a fluro lighting one also.

z