Livin

Which of these would you get for indoor use?

Do you really need to see things in the dark in this small room? If not, don't bother with the IRs. You'd probably get better results anyway with a normal camera by adding a motion detector switch to the room lighting.

Your other question then becomes whether the dome or lipstick style suits your aesthetic needs better.

yes, I need the night vision. but I have no experience with IR LEDs so thus I asked the question.

Ebay rubbish !

...and what evidence or hands-on experience do you have with these specific devices where you can say that and have people trust your judgment?

I'm hoping to get people on the forum that have used some of these cams, or similar ones. Many of these are likely just re-branded versions of more popular name brands.

thx for the help!

I don't think zmxtech was referring to the cameras when he said "rubbish" but to ebay itself. You have to be very cautious when buying from ebay, things are not always as described and you can get burned!

edit: Then again, I just looked at the links you provided.

I've been using buying/selling on ebay since 1997 so I'm well versed in the system and the (minimal) risks.

I was hoping to get feedback on the cameras.

guess people here only use the name brand versions?

Have no experience with these cameras, but based on ratings, looks, and simply the fact you want to put the camera inside, I would go with the dome style camera.

Typically domes look alot better inside. I dont think you really want a outdoor bullet type camera staring you in the face all day. It will make almost anyone paranoid after a period of time.

I've been using buying/selling on ebay since 1997 so I'm well versed in the system and the (minimal) risks.

I really don't think you do in this case.

Buying a name brand article or collectible or whatever on ebay is one thing; buying a no-name CCTV camera is quite another. I know of many instances where those types of products are pure junk - poorly designed, badly built, etc. If you want to take a chance on either of them, I suppose the dome would be your best bet. However, don't complain when it dies in 89 days or when it doesn't perform as promised!

As the saying goes: "You pays your money, you takes your chances!"

Some people don't like honest ?

Here my B.S answer "Oh yes I like the second one its a nice color"

I get so much business from people who bought cheap 'RUBBISH' from Ebay and find out the hard way you get what you pay for.

There's a reason why a Real IP camera costs $500+ here, you get quality service, the MTBF is low etc etc. And most importantly they perform to spec's not to some made up poor inga-lish they copied from another site.

Buddy I have 25 years worth of experience that tells me you should buy

an Acti or Axis camera at least.

oh by the way in a small 10x10 room those IR LEDS will white out everything thats not 3m away!

my 5c

I like honest... but I also like useful facts which, at first, you gave none.

In your last post, while unnecessarily sarcastic, there was useful info.

What you also fail to ask, or account for, is the intended use. I don't need professional quality and it does not need to last through abuse... it will be a baby monitor and needs to be decent quality and have decent night vision and audio... nothing fancy.

So, if a el'cheapo ebay will last me a year or 2 and do what I want... great.

But... I have started looking at Acti - ran across them accidentally - so if you would have simply taken 2 seconds to try to be a nice guy you could have stated that in your "25 yrs experience" you think that for my purposes the Acti would be a good choice given the use of the cam and the price range I've shown interest in (~$200).

I guess that was too much to ask, sorry for bothering you.

You know, if you'd just stated right off the top that you wanted a camera for a baby monitor, you might have got some more useful responses, and possibly even some better suggestions. When you link two no-name cameras and ask which is better, though, there's really not much we can do for you, because we have know way of knowing, better for WHAT?

As it is, you're looking at upwards of $250 (with shipping) for either of those... that seems a little spendy for a baby monitor. What's wrong with simple purpose-built designs like these?

http://www.hdtv.ca/reviews/accessories/summer_infant_monitor.php

http://www.thenewparentsguide.com/baby-monitors-1.htm

http://www.pricecanada.com/detail.php?product_id=523541

http://shop.ebay.com/items/__baby-monitor-camera_W0QQQ5ftrkparmsZ66Q253A2Q257C65Q253A15Q257C39Q253A1QQ_scZ1QQ_sopZ15QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14?_stpos=&_fcid=2&gbr=1

Reasons why I want use an IP Cam as a baby monitor...

1) The IP cam will give better quality video & audio in most cases - All 'made for' baby monitors get bad reviews in one or more areas (video, audio, distance, interference, etc)

2) IP Cam gives easy and instant viewing over any device that uses a browser - monitors are 'closed' systems

3) I can re-purpose the IP camera later if I want to as a front door monitor, etc.

I posted before about doing this and got very little response. I was hoping that people on the forum who are pros or hobbyists would have some solid advise about a good $200-$250 cam for my purpose. I'm into Home Theater and Automation and on our forums this happens all the time and people give really good help. So far, I have not gotten any usable advise that would point to to specific cameras based on user experience, unfortunately.

On your Home Theater and Automation forum, you are discussing consumer items where you can find a number of users for each product. Here, you are discussing cameras from ebay that no one on this forum would likely use. Then you take offense when you are told that no-name Chinese cameras sold on ebay tend to be junk. Then you take offense when given practical advice for suitable cameras for your intended purpose.

It seems to me that you might try asking your questions on the Home Theater and Automation forum.

On your Home Theater and Automation forum, you are discussing consumer items where you can find a number of users for each product.

Not really... Have you heard of Homeseer, XLobby, CQC? How many users use X10, Insteon, and the thousands of different combinations of equipment plus Russsound, and many more. This is NOT common, buy at Home Depot or Office Max.

Actually it is

Here, you are discussing cameras from ebay that no one on this forum would likely use.

this may be true... I did not know and no one said up front - "there may not be many people on this forum that has experience with these cams, most here typically use high-end professional units"

Then you take offense when you are told that no-name Chinese cameras sold on ebay tend to be junk.

I did not take offense, they are not my cams, I don't care if they are crap.

But I don't want speculation - if you have not used them, you don't know if they are good or not.

Then you take offense when given practical advice for suitable cameras for your intended purpose.

I have yet to see anyone give a make/model that may be a good choice for my usage.

It seems to me that you might try asking your questions on the Home Theater and Automation forum.

This is an appropriate answer given what I now know about the focus on this forum.

[

I have yet to see anyone give a make/model that may be a good choice for my usage.

quote]

That is not True I did contact you and offer Plug and Play IR cam

live demo and phone call at my cost

[

quote]

Sorry, your cameras did not work with a regular internet browser, they were not that inexpensive, and they are not name brands either. If I'm going to get a no-name I might as well get them from ebay, at least I have some recourse with ebay & paypal.

[

quote]

Sorry, your cameras did not work with a regular internet browser, they were not that inexpensive, and they are not name brands either. If I'm going to get a no-name I might as well get them from ebay, at least I have some recourse with ebay & paypal.

I guess it depend what we call reg internet browser

It works no problem with IE and some PDA

good luck