jabaroon

AVTech avc785 firmware newer than available?

Hi All,

I have just been reading lots of posts on here as I feel that my DCR (although on 2 years old) is due a firmware upgrade!

However, when I look here:

http://weclonline.com/eng/res_firmware.asp

(a link I got from this great site!)

the latest firmware version appears to be 1066.

However, when I look on my DVR, its version appears to be 1098.

Is this correct? or am I looking at an old resource for Firmware or something!?!

Cheers,

Jab

Sometimes it is better to stay with an older proven one then to get the latest, and the greatest then find out that there may be a new bug. This will not affect you as yours came off the line with matching chipsets to your firmware. There may be a case where an older DVR may not work with the latest firmware as a chipset may not have been updated to go with the firmware.

For those of you who come to this post from a search engine then I will tell you that most times you will not need to update your firmware.

If you are having a problem then this means that there are 1000 to 50,000 other DVRs that are going to have the same problem. We are going to be quickly informed if there was an issue that a DVR needed a firmware update.

Most times I am finding people who are doing something custom, and are trying to resolve an issue. An update is still going to leave them with the same problem.

One issue is the recent change from where the DVR no longers transmit video over the net using JPEG. The DVR is now using MPEG to transmit over the internet. There is an FTP problem with the latest release.

The engineers from Taiwan flew to Florida, and they have duplicated the same problem, and now they have to come up with a solution. The next round of DVRs will have to have a chipset change, or they will have to rewrite the whole firmware to get the FTP situation resolved.

What do you think?

I think your video server e disc is corrupt, and you should follow the instructions that I left in the other thread.

What do you think?