313-313

camera screen is black, no video

Hi

I have installed GV800V3 card on a Dell core 2 duo(originally with vista home premium 64bit) XP home machine with GV version 8.1 and then 8.2. I cannot seen any video. The camera screen is black. The screen stays black for about 10 seconds and then no video displays. I don't know what would be the issue. I have installed the codec too to see if that would solve the problem, but still the same issue at the end of the day.

thank you

If the software is displaying "NO VIDEO" in the camera window, then that generally means there's no signal coming into that channel. It's remotely possible that it's a hardware problem with the card itself, but far more likely that the camera or its wiring aren't working.

Just developed this problem, myself. My test machine, which gets geo cards swapped out every so often, has been a champ until now.

There is video from the cams. Inside any setup screen, it looks fine. But on the main screen, only black with the name/ record indicators. It's recording, you just see black in realtime instead of video.

I'm trying to determine if it's a video card issue, right now. Otherwise I'm baffled. Codecs from 1240 to 800 cards shouldn't be different but maybe I caused it by swapping cards/ software.

Will post if I find the answer....but.....

OK. My fix was stupid. Combination Windows resolution and GeoVision. Just reset both resolutions to the same size and restart Geo.

Viola......Sometimes, all I can do is shake my head.