Peterdvr

bullet cam

I was looking at this bullet cam for $149. Do you think it is any good? I saw it on cctvimports.com

21CSHRX WeatherproofColor Bullet Camera w/ ExView 480 tv lines

480 tv lines and .05 lux

Pick up Element: 1/3" Sony color Ex-view HAD

Resolution: 480 TV lines - Min. illumination: 0.05 Lux/F2.0 - S/N ratio: more than 46dB

Electronic shutter: 1/60(1/50) to 1/100,000 sec. -

Power source: DC 12V +/- 10% - Current consumption: 120mA

Dimensions: 89(L) x 26(Dia.)

Dont know about that one, similar if not pretty close on the specs, but this I just tested last couple days and installed at a clients business today. Great little camera, up there with the Pro Traditional Exview Cameras ..

http://www.csi-speco.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=568

F:1.6 - 3.6mm Lens.

Low Light Exview Color

Switches to BW but only in low low light .. otherwise stays in nice color.

Built in fixed IR cut Filter - means day time color rendering is great.

High res is great.

Rory

I would go with any bullet from Speco. And for that price - go with Speco - not some import. They have good products, good tech support and a great company and group of people. If you have an issue they will send you parts to fix your problem on their dime, as well.

Just my $.02

Speco imports from the same factories in China and Taiwan. So there is no difference from that respect. The issue with the foreign manufacturers is:

Are you really getting a Sony sensor and not a Sharp or Panasonic

Is the CCD really a 480 line and not a 380 line (a game often played)

Then it comes down to quality control - just because the spec says it has certain components doesn't mean it is any good. I have imported from Asia from some manufacturers and had virtually no DOA's and others in the past where as much as 20% were DOA.

You should also know that Sony makes 2 CCD's in each category and one is more expensive than the other.

This is a quick clip I took of the CVC-637EX over the internet ... Nice clear High res Color with no infrared pick up (fixed IR cut Filter), and switches to BW in dim lighting also ... I am totally impressed and Im used to using Traditional (box) Exview Cameras .. Provideo has a Dome in the same camera, but its not wall mounted so im going to try the wall mounted Exview Dome they do sell and see what its like ... ive used GE and Phillips, Extreme CCTV, and others in that or more than that price range in domes ...they dont compare to this image I am getting ... Provideo Support is great also .. Like Ron said, they buy OEM, though the HEAT line I cant find at any manufacturer anywhere in Asia, so they must have that product bought out ..

Edited by Guest

I have 15' drop ceiling and I want to mount a camera to watch the front door of a laundromat and be able to get a clear shot of someones face. Could I use this speco bullet or what should I be using?

thanks

if you mean someone coming through the door, unless you use a box camera with back lighting feature, or a wide dynamic camera, you may/may not see their face due to the backlight from the entrance and the light outside..

nightime wont matter ..

you could also angle it somehow to not look at the door but still get their face.

Rory

petedvr,

I've typed and retyped an answer to your question three times.. and the bottom line is that I can't really offer you a good answer without knowing a good bit more about the installation site.

Different cameras do different things. What you should be looking at depends on what you need the camera to do, the lighting conditions, distance, etc. etc. There are just so many variables.

However, generally speaking, I'd be looking at C/CS mount cameras as opposed to a bullet cam.

Maybe some of the other guys here will have some more specifc suggestions based on their experience.