mhenley

Recommendations for a dvr h.264 with built-in web server

Hello, I am looking into getting a security dvr system and would like to know which models I should consider.

I would like:

atleast 4 camera channels

h.263

PTZ capabilities

can connect to a tv

can see live streaming video on a pc AND MAC

audio

motion detecting recording

I would like to be able to view live images from other computers while I am out of town. Is there a system with a built-in web server without having to connect cables to my router?

live viewing over capable cell phones

I can purchase cameras separately. I just need the DVR first to see if what I want is available in my price range.

I'm wanting to spend no more than $650, including a decent size hard drive.

Thanks for your advice.

AVTech is your answer!

Use Quicktime to view your DVR with a Mac.

All DVRs will have a built in webserver. The router is only needed to connect multiple devices to one Modem.

If you do not have a computer where the DVR is located then just connect the DVR straight to the modem.

I have not heard of them, but you will have to ask around to see if others are aware of them, but it sounds like you want a DVR with a built in wireless connection.

There might be a DVR that takes an aircard to get it on the internet, but then why pay for the extra internet service when you can plug in to a router, and share the internet with the computer that you all ready have?

Hello, Mhenley, I would like to be a help.

atleast 4 camera channels ---4 Camera Complete H.264 1TB HD Real Time CCTV DVR System

h.263---H.264 video compression format

?PTZ capabilities---support PTZ control

?can connect to a tv---yes, with Additional Video Output: VGA

?can see live streaming video on a pc AND MAC;---- yes

?motion detecting recording----Record Mode: Always / Schedule / Motion detection / Sensor Triggered

?I would like to be able to view live images from other computers while I am out of town. ----Remote Access LAN or Internet Browsing

?Is there a system with a built-in web server without having to connect cables to my router?---yes

?live viewing over capable cell phones--it supports live view via smartphone and 3G mobile

?I can purchase cameras separately. I just need the DVR first to see if what I want is available in my price range.

?I'm wanting to spend no more than $650,---- $645

?including a decent size hard drive---HDD Interface SATA, Support up to 1TB

4 Camera Complete H.264 1TB HD Real Time CCTV DVR System HOPE IT HELPS!

AV tech AVC 790 worked fine for me using the same requirements that you posted. the price is also affordable.

for the vga, i bought a standard video to VGA and is working great.

for network viewing over the internet, i use the WEB viewer included in the DVR kit or sometimes use the Internet explorer. snap shots and logging record is available with password protect.

have used MAC to view it .... scorpion is right

i use a router but AV tech has options such as web servers available.

i have viewed on cellphone using the internet explorer(i phone) , Nokia MAnager (nokia N73)

when you are using the ptz to do the monitoring, if you find something is monving and very suspicious, so you need to control the ptz to follow the object (maybe a car or a dog )manually, i have the intelligent speed dome,when you see one object and want to track it, just double click on the object and the speed dome just tracks it down...i have demo videos for your reference.