nick.123

4ch remote access dvr any suggestions

Hi, I'm looking at buying a 4 channel dvr with remote access and metion detection. My intention is to have motion trigger which will then start recording to hdd and send email to me.

Been looking at the following

What do you guys think of the be above anygood or suggestions on better buy?

Also any suggestions on what camera's to use with these, need night vision perfer dome camera's indoor use only looking at £100 per camera.

Thanks

Nick

Hello Nick,

I have been using a Dedicated Micros ECO 4 machine. The only thing I am not sure about is that it will start recording when motion is detected. But you can programme it to record an event upon motion detection and store it seperately fron all the footage where nothing happens. When you log on you select the cameras and just view any events that have occured. This unit will also e mail you upon any events occuring but you might get fed up with this as it is surprising what can cause an event trigger. My view of this machine is that it is a very capable robust machine with plenty of info available from the Dedicated Micros web site. You can go on to their site & download all the info for this machine. It is also has very good networking facilities. The best part is that you can pick up a great second hand bargain from e bay.

Hope this helps

Mick

Hi there

I bought the Kiler DVR from CCTV Direct and i love it. It has a mouse that helps a great deal and because its VGA only ive popped it onto my PC screen. The playback is great. I have Motion Detect on as well and havent noticed a lag in recording. Good luck with whichever you choose.

Hello, hope my recommendation can help you out.

This kit includes a H.264 standalone DVR and four indoor/outdoor security cameras providing everything you need for your surveillance system up and running in your home or business quickly and easily. Here come features:

•4 CH CCTV DVR 500GB HD

•H.264 Hardware Compression

•Display: 120 fps

•Record: 120 fps

•Network and Remote Access

•3G Mobile Remote Live! Preview

•Color Dome Indoor Cameras

•1/3" Sony CCD Image Sensor

•Nigh Vision 420 TV Lines

Those above is for your reference.

Hello, hope my recommendation can help you out.

This kit includes a H.264 standalone DVR and four indoor/outdoor security cameras providing everything you need for your surveillance system up and running in your home or business quickly and easily. Here come features:

•4 CH CCTV DVR 500GB HD

•H.264 Hardware Compression

•Display: 120 fps

•Record: 120 fps

•Network and Remote Access

•3G Mobile Remote Live! Preview

•Color Dome Indoor Cameras

•1/3" Sony CCD Image Sensor

•Nigh Vision 420 TV Lines

Those above is for your reference.

How ironic.....

I would recommend CNB Technology HDF1212 H.264 DVR well known company and Brand with better price, support USB Mouse and also come with IR remote control it will record on motion and does some trigring based on Alarm I am not sure about email part

It does have VGA + TV Out Put so can be use with what ever you have

one feature that is not mentioed by CNB but it's tere is putting camera in Covert mode that means it will not show on the TV or Monitor but still record.

Where will the cameras be fitted? I think you will pretty soon remove the email function due to massive amounts of emails.. To find a DVR that records on motion is easy. Any decent DVR will.