woodrowcw

Looking for hardware H.264 decoder

I have a new Pelco Sarix camera which is currently connected to a PC which decodes the H.264 video and outputs to a monitor. I would like to replace the PC with a dedicated decoder. The only ones I have found are either designed to work with a specific camera or do not support the resoulution and frame rate of my camera (1280 x 720, 30 ips).

Does anyone make a dedicated decoder that will work in this situation? I'm thinking that it would be more reliable than a PC (hopefully no reboots). If not, my next choice would be to use a small pc running Linux. It's hard to find one with enough power to decode high res video though.

I have a new Pelco Sarix camera which is currently connected to a PC which decodes the H.264 video and outputs to a monitor. I would like to replace the PC with a dedicated decoder. The only ones I have found are either designed to work with a specific camera or do not support the resoulution and frame rate of my camera (1280 x 720, 30 ips).

Does anyone make a dedicated decoder that will work in this situation? I'm thinking that it would be more reliable than a PC (hopefully no reboots). If not, my next choice would be to use a small pc running Linux. It's hard to find one with enough power to decode high res video though.

You are right they all so far proprietary

That how our industry operate

the only hope in future is Open Network Video Interface Forum

ONVIF

I kinda have almost the same situation (1280x720 30 fr)

but in my case I can get matching IP server

As I stated in the post, I'm looking for a decoder. The camera does the encoding.

Decoder to find it more difficult because of the need for your encoder, I think you are looking for is your supplier of encoder