ahspao

Eyemax Card & Remote View - Issues - Can't connect

I have an Eyemax 91xx or 92x series card with 16 cameras. I used to be able to view remotely with no problems using the client software. Now it connects at times, doesn't connect at times and gives a "time out" error or "connect failed" error.

I have the router and ports forwarded, there is a DSL line on the server side (unused at night) and a DSL line at receving end. I don't see why its so intermittent. Is there an overload of some sort of is my software too old (from 2006 I think)? Anyone else had this problem ?

As I said, the proper ports are forwarded.

This used to work before.

I even tried to put the server as DMZ to get it outside the firewall....no go.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Can you connect to the DVR from inside the network on the LAN side?

Do you have it setup for multiple connections?

2 administrators are not allowed to both be logged on at the sametime?

Is the DVR set to a static address on the lan or is it dynamic?

Is the DSL that the DVR is on a static or dynamic address?

Are you sure you have all the ports open in the firewall?

What version Eyemax software are you using?

I need a litle more info to provide anymore help.

Lets see.

When the remote connection from the outside is "down".

Then I can't connect from the inside of the network either.

If I walk up to the DVR PC however, its still recording and doing its job but I can't connect to it from any other PC in or out of the network.

I do have it setup with multi-user access.

The DSL is static.

All the ports are open, I double-checked multiple times.

The eyemax software version I will have to check next time i'm

in that office.

I did test things out some more and found that the DVR works fine from about 5am until 7 or 8pm, then after that I can't connect to it. I checked to see if there was any scheduled access settings and all that it turned off. I'm almost wondering if the camera's aren't picking up motion during those hours so they somehow stop being responsive and the software just malfunctions ?

Are you sure you have the DVR address set to a static address or does the router set the address. If it is set to obtain address automaticly then you need to set an address that works with your network.

I have a static IP on the WAN side of my router and then DHCP on the LAN side but the DVR machine has a reserved ip so it never changes. This setup works during the day, just not in the evening so i'm wondering if there is something up with the software or card based on the amount of motion detected.

I have a static IP on the WAN side of my router and then DHCP on the LAN side but the DVR machine has a reserved ip so it never changes. This setup works during the day, just not in the evening so i'm wondering if there is something up with the software or card based on the amount of motion detected.

Try changing some settings for testing, I had this problem a long time ago but unfortunately I cant remember what I changed.

1. Under the User tab in the Setting Screen, uncheck "Apply Control level"

2. In the User Settings Screen Create a new "Non Admin User" and Select all options except "Admin-Mode" and uncheck the box next to "Time".

If this doesn't solve the problem, let me know and I'll put my system back together and do some testing.

What version Software and Card are you using?

P.S. If you are logged in at the server in Admin Mode, you cannot remotely access the server as Admin.

Like it is stated above look at the time check mark for the login and see if it is checked. You can set what time and how long a user logs on to the system. You can log into the system anytime busy or not it does not mater still I hard coded IP addresses that way nothing ever changes does the router have any time constrictions in it for traffic how about a firewall. I have set several of these up like this and had no problems.