alpine0000

Anybody know the release date for Panasonic SD5 cameras?

I've seen the literature on Panasonics site for the cameras, and seen a few sites that have said "summer of 2009", but has anybody heard anything more precise about the release date of Panasonic's SD5 cameras?

Specifically, I'm interested in the WV-CW504 cameras that are taking the current 484 dome's place.

Internet searches seem to turn up nothing but pictures.

bump to top

i figure eventually somebody will know the release date, as panasonic said it was going to be sometime this summer i've been holding off on buying new cameras for almost 2 months now because of this! haha.

this is what ive found so far, which compares the current 484 dome with the new 504 dome.

i'm liking what i see so far! i also wonder what the pricing will be on these. Hopefully itll be the same as the current 484 domes.

sd5.jpg

The word from Pano is "soon"... and that could me a month or more...

I saw the demo unit and we did some tests... SD5 is better than SD3... Price points from what I understood could be slightly higher or may even be the same.. it all depends what Pano decides at the end. From what I understand is that they are selling these new technology system in Japan already.

My (fairly well connected) rep recently told me mid-August..... We'll see... It looked really good at ISC, and the 484 style housing is a treat to use compared to many others. I'm hoping to get one soon! As far as pricing, our rep said "about $100 too much" ...Ugh.

My (fairly well connected) rep recently told me mid-August..... We'll see... It looked really good at ISC, and the 484 style housing is a treat to use compared to many others. I'm hoping to get one soon! As far as pricing, our rep said "about $100 too much" ...Ugh.

I like the 484 housings as well; they're battleship-tough.

Our supplier tells me Panasonic will be using SD5 tech in a new line of megapixel IP cameras as well... if true that will be a significant dent in the "IP-cams-don't-handle-bad-lighting" beef.

Some of the Pano IP cameras already have SDIII. I have an NW484S camera that I know for a fact has it.

Yes, but that one's not megapixel.

Some of the Pano IP cameras already have SDIII. I have an NW484S camera that I know for a fact has it.

Yes, but that one's not megapixel.

True.

So the question of the day is: will the current 484 domes see a drop in price when the SD5 stuff hits the street, or will they continue to sell at the same price point online until the inventory is gone?

So the question of the day is: will the current 484 domes see a drop in price when the SD5 stuff hits the street, or will they continue to sell at the same price point online until the inventory is gone?

Man... that'd be nice, wouldn't it? I'd buy every one I could get my hands on... they're great cameras.

I just got a PDF on this, (for the box cam, at least) PM me if you want me to send it to you. Looks great, models are with or without ICR, 12/24 or 120V, box style replacing the CP484.

0.01 Lux without frame integration, 650 lines res, auto back focus... Still saying due to ship in August...

Here is some pricing I got from a dealer today

The WVCW504F are$ ......... (list $973.00)

the WVCW504S are $...........(list $991.00)

Significant discount was offered.

Should be in real soon

PM for details if interested..