Sign in to follow this  
hgiljr

SO Confusing for a first time DVR Buyer

Hello everyone, just need to vent here. I am in the market for a new DVR and camera system for my home, 4-5 cameras total and I think I have gotten way to deep into the researching. The more I read, the more confused I get. When I think I made a decision I read another post and make me wonder if I am buying the right stuff. Again this will be for my home, and priority one is during the holidays to record my decorations since they were vandalized last year. I was set on H.264 but now I read for facial recognition it is not the best. Then more confusing between MPEG4, CIF, D1, H.264, playback and WOW, I have no idea anymore what I was looking for.

Thank god I have a good understanding the cameras, but on DVRs, I am just plain confused. All DVRs and venders have another model or equipment and more confusion. Yes I know I am vending, not much to answer. I probably should not have read so much but I just want to make sure I am buying wisely and being a smart shopper. I did get help from experts here, thanks Shoreviewsecurity esp. via email as well as others, but still looking at my spreadsheet of pros and cons, I am still undecided. ARRRRRR Thanks for letting me vent.