cctv_down_under

Remote Training for Geovision and IP camera add ons

Hi,

We sell several DVR systems, most of which we can isntall VNC or Logmein onto and do training remotely....but with the Geovision, there seems to be an issue in that Logmein tends to treat the refresh of a Geovision screen as 16 different refreshes.

What I am saying is that if you have Geo on with 1 camera active it works fine, but with multiple it refreshes all the time becasue it can detect change on the 16 camera screens, thsi makes remote training impossible.

I assume it has someting to do with the Hardware Overlay, but I cant get it to work.....its very annoying.

Also,

I am confused as to adding IP cams to Geo, we currently run 8.2 I can add a IP camera that is made by Geovision to the DVR and it will replace an analogue input.....but what I want to know is can you add an additional IP camera IE can I have 16 Analogue + 1 x IP camera on a 16 Camera box?

Is this available in 8.3?

Lastly if you go to connect anyhting ohter than a Geo IP camera it seems not to work, or is there a license required....IE if you add another brand other than Geo is it no longer free and if you do add another brand does it replace an analogue input or does it add it to the system as an additional camera.

I can maybe help you with the first issue - depending on what version of VNC you're using, there should be options for better handling of overlays (I use UltraVNC, which also has a handy online service to create a standalone mini-server that's useful for remote support).

I've also used Remote Administrator successfully on systems with the same sort of display issues.

I will have a look at these, but I think the biggest problem is that VNC seems to refresh the screen remotely when changes happen on the pc you remote into and therefore if you have 16 cameras up at once, then it is constantly changing and refreshing the remote connection?

That's why I say, I'm pretty sure VNC (at least some flavors of it) have options for better handling of overlays - as in, ignore them, don't display/send them, etc.

As an example, UltraVNC has a "video mirror driver" that, according to the docs, "makes a direct link between the video driver frammebuffer memory and UltraWinVNC server". The author notes, "While the mirror driver is active(vnc has a connection), overlay is not supported. The mirror driver in general disable hardware acceleration while being used. "

Okay, just tested it... UVNC server on a Vigil DVR, UVNC client on my workstation (the machine I'm typing on right now). Viewing the DVR over the VNC conncetion, I get the typical horrid response and low-color video from the camera displays... with UVNC's "mirror driver" enabled, the video first disappears, but if I click one of the camera buttons, I actually get usable moving realtime video to the client (!!).

Just to give you an idea how smooth it is: I have a TV right beside my monitor. The camera is pointed at the TV, the DVR is recording at 4CIF, and the live display on the DVR is running about 6-7fps (rough guess). Movement on the TV shows up on the VNC viewer in less than a second (granted, this is running VNC over a 100Mbit LAN). Response is smooth enough that I can easily zoom and focus the camera watching the VNC display of the DVR.

Might be worth looking into... www.uvnc.com. The server install gives you an option to download the mirror driver, but it won't actually install it - for that you have to unzip the package, run the install.bat in the appropriate Windows version folder, and reboot, then go into the server properties and tick the box to enable the mirror driver. I suspect this may suit your needs!

Hi,

I know our technicians use www.gotomeeting.com and www.teamviewer.com to troubleshoot systems but other than that I'm not too sure I can be of much help. You could definitely check with them at our chat support at www.usavisionsys.com (link on the left side).

Version 8.3+ allows you to add IP cameras until a maximum of 32 channels is achieved. For example, a GV1480 card offers 16 analog channels - you can add up to 16 IP cameras for a total of 32 channels.

GeoVision offers 8 free IP license for GV IP Cameras with their DVR cards - if you want to add more than 8 GV IP Cameras to your DVR system, there is a separate licensing fee.

There is a separate licensing fee per channel of 3rd party IP camera.

Hope this helps!

We use teamviewer and it works great. The techs go out there place the systems and go over things with the customers but if they ever need help they are sent to the support page and i help them out. DSP Overlay affects it at first when you connect so all the cameras are pink but once you toggle it off you can see al the pictures clearly.

hey all

Im trying to use teamviewer with geovision 8.3 card gv800 and i cant figure it out but my cameras show up bright pink using team viewer but looking at the monitor it looks fine.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

pink.jpg.1cd85d031078392e381fb99e5da527a9.jpg

hey all

Im trying to use teamviewer with geovision 8.3 card gv800 and i cant figure it out but my cameras show up bright pink using team viewer but looking at the monitor it looks fine.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

It was my problem with unvc too....I just found the solution! (at least for me)

On your deskttop GV-800 icon

= Rightclick

= Properties

= Compatbility

= Run in 256 colors

hey all

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

It was my problem with unvc too....I just found the solution! (at least for me)

On your deskttop GV-800 icon

= Rightclick

= Properties

= Compatbility

= Run in 256 colors

How does reducing color depth affect the inability to display overlays??

hmmm the 256 didn't help out

but finally after playing around with it i opened up the web server and changed the coded from the ASP to just GeoMpg4 in the control center server

woot woot then changed teamviewer to quality and it look perfect.

Thanks all

hmmm the 256 didn't help out

but finally after playing around with it i opened up the web server and changed the coded from the ASP to just GeoMpg4 in the control center server

woot woot then changed teamviewer to quality and it look perfect.

Thanks all

In GeoVision turn off DSP overlay, temporarily while connected through teamplayer or vnc.

Remember to turn it back on before you leave, unless nobody ever looks at it locally.

I have the gv-800 16channal card and the 8.3 software.

Can i just ad a other brand ip camera for free to the software?

Specially some no name and low budget ip camera`s?

no. only Geo-IP cams are free.

they up'd the # of free IP Cams recently, but they still must all be geo brand to be free.

You will still have to purchase a dongle licence to use 3rd party IP cam.

no. only Geo-IP cams are free.

they up'd the # of free IP Cams recently, but they still must all be geo brand to be free.

You will still have to purchase a dongle licence to use 3rd party IP cam.