mbenz1

AVTech - decent brand?

Hi,

Ive seen plenty of posts on AVTech standalone DVR units. Are they any good?

Were looking at standalone 16ch units and also looking at Avermedia and other smaller brands, was just wondering if AVT are a comparable good brand?

Also can i ask what are the playback speeds on these as we are looking to playback video at 32x or 64x?

Cheers

Well, for the given price-quality ratio they are quite good. Some newer models provide 32x playback speeds as I can recall.

Avetech kit is in my opinion good value for money and offers a range of features. The main problem I have is that they offer very little in the way of technical support and documentation can sometimes be misleading. From their perspective I think they expect the distro / dealer to offer support but they to my knowledge do not have any trade only support channels either. To Avetech's credit my experience is that they just work and I have had no issues with the few installations I have done using Avetech kit.

Hi,

Ive seen plenty of posts on AVTech standalone DVR units. Are they any good?

Were looking at standalone 16ch units and also looking at Avermedia and other smaller brands, was just wondering if AVT are a comparable good brand?

Also can i ask what are the playback speeds on these as we are looking to playback video at 32x or 64x?

Cheers

Hi ,

Greetings. Are you looking for MPEG4 or H.264 Embedded DVR. Are you looking DVR POS integration feature? If you like Multi platform streaming on PC,mobile phone and PDAs with less bandwidth consumption, call me for your local distributors

thanks.

best regards,

NVR Factory

I use AVTech 90% of the time in my installs which are residential, and light commercial, or mom n pop businesses.

I have not complaints. If I do then I use a DVR that cost 4 times the amount, or a $4000.00 DVR. If cost is of the essence then AVTech wins!

Avermedia appears to be close to the price range, and I have heard good things about their DVRs. I do not have this option in my supply chain so I have never ordered one, or used one.

AVTech has my vote!

i have one in front of me. basic DVR. their remote (network) video quality sucks, but you get what you pay for, its cheap. Heck i got mine free.

Thanks for your replies guys.

It looks to be a good brand but it seems that we will need 16ch video and 16ch audio, it looks like none of the AV tech units support more than 4ch audio.

We need:

-backup to usb (inc still images).

-Viewing footage over a LAN would be good.

-16ch audio/video.

-no preference of MPEG4 or H264.

-must support 32x or higher fast playback.

-Do not need any POS integration.

-Will record 24hours a day.

-Would like good support.

-Logs of video loss would be needed

We are looking at Avermedia, would they be best at meeting our needs as they seem to support 16ch audio on a lot of products which the cheaper versions/companies dont.

Thanks again

Ben