i3phil

Anyone here who tried Visec LPR / ANPR? other IP-based LPR?

Hi to all, just want to check if anyone here has tried Visec LPR system on free flow traffic (120kph max)?

Our project would suggest we go the IP route like Visec's offering, but just worried about the fact that the image goes compression before analysis.

Experts would say it should be analysis first on raw video before compression which is usual to most LPR systems.

Or does it really matter at all?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. cheers

Hello, as a member of VISEC I wanted to comment on this post

Visec has a special cpu module, and motion software motion sensor to intelligently process active video, which help compensate and differentiate random video that can cause mis reads.

You can see our pdf file on our website

Visec can do ANPR / LPR on both a mjpeg compress and an h.264 compression.

But in general the decompression of the image is not the greatest factor.

The biggest factor in LPR, especially when speed is involved is not decompression. The issues are:

1) the clarify of the image. This is determined on the shutter speed and camera type. This is why is very important to make sure you actually use IP and not analog cameras. IP cameras from AXIS and Arecont using VISEC LPR will allow shutterspeed, color, and other image parameters

2) The next factor camera placement, angle.

A camera should be less than 30 degress, with the closest to 0 degrees resulting in the best reading.

3) CPU - the better the CPU is the better the room to process more frames per second under VISEC.

4) LIGHT- Light plays a significant factor. The use of accessories like filters can help a lot.

In the old days, LPR was done in a non real time scenario. With new CPU and advanced algorithms LPR can be done super fast in real time.

Regards,

Eric

Visec Software

LPR - Surveillance - Access Control

I have used Visec s/w, but not the LPR.

I would be wary of their support. I had a major bug in playback from their software, and it was never resolved, I gave up trying to get them to fix it. Till this day, my customer cannot rely on the playback of the recorded video in the Visec s/w.

I must have my 2c worth here Im very impressed with Visec software and there personalized service .

My test machine runs VISEC ver 4 and it runs day and night and never misses a beat. [1 analog and 3 IP cams acti and axis]

as the guys say compression is no big deal when using megapixe cams !

z

I must have my 2c worth here Im very impressed with Visec software and there personalized service .

My test machine runs VISEC ver 4 and it runs day and night and never misses a beat. [1 analog and 3 IP cams acti and axis]

as the guys say compression is no big deal when using megapixe cams !

z

have you tried exporting the video on the IP cams?

that's where my problem was. I have an Axis 221 and some 207s setup with Visec, and while it worked generally ok, the problem was with exporting the video.

frames from the video were dropped in the "export to AVI" process. there was no way to get the video correctly exported from Visec to AVI.

never was able to get Visec to fix this.

The use of IP or megapixel cameras is not always required for ANPR, however megapixel cameras do allow multiple lanes of ANPR with a single camera due to a higher "pixels on target" and offer a greater flexability with design and camera placement.

As stated in a previous post, shutter speed, lighting conditions and offset angles play an important part. A system that uses Visable light cut filters and correct IR illumination allows shutter speeds and lighting conditions to be controlled. Offset is controlled by the design and installation.

Another factor in the accuracy of ANPR is the systems database of characters and fonts. With an ever incresing amount of custom license plates available it is important to choose a system that has an extensive character and font set for "world wide" plate recognition, that is also updated regularly.

1) the clarify of the image. This is determined on the shutter speed and camera type. This is why is very important to make sure you actually use IP and not analog cameras. IP cameras from AXIS and Arecont using VISEC LPR will allow shutterspeed, color, and other image parameters

Many so called "analog" cameras allow changing the shutter speed.

Also, why does LPR work so well with so called "analog" cameras from Extreme CCTV but not from you guys?