G22

Panasonic WV-CW484 - Waterproofing

Curious, how do I waterproof this gap between the cam and mounting bracket? Also, why the small vertical slots all around?? Unless I missed something, there was nothing in the docs re this. Thx.

DSC01303.JPG

Self-amalgamating tape will do it. It's usually black in colour, which may look a bit ugly, but it works very well.

That means water, bugs n crap will get inside, all over the wires, and into the hole/conduit, etc. b/c there is enough of a gap all around for that.

The only thing I see in the top portion waterproof wise is some rubber around the BNC/pwr wires going into the cam, a possible o-style gasket, and some kind of rubber o-ring seals on the 3 x torx security screws. I was planning on using silicone sealant all over, until I noticed the large gap.

Just seems odd to me b/c I forsee potential leaks and frying the cam.

..Second that. We had one of the 484's installed on a ceiling that had a leak, water ran out through those slots, not a drop of water in the cam itself.

The cam comes with self-vulcanizing tape to seal the BNC/ power pigtail.

If you've ever seen a Pelco, etc. dome doing double duty as a fishbowl, you will appreciate the difference in design.