I could ony find one post on this POE switch (Cisco/Linksys SRW2008MP), has anyone ever used it for IP camras. Does anyone know if its anygood?

Thanks

I've seen two of those units fail within a year.... possibly caused by bad power supplies.

Linksys RMA process was good though. Replacement units had different power supplies.

They have a loud fan. Web interface is slow.

I could ony find one post on this POE switch (Cisco/Linksys SRW2008MP), has anyone ever used it for IP camras. Does anyone know if its anygood?

Thanks

Good Gig switch, Has high thru put, max power POE on each port, and is managed. Also has 2x Ports on back for Fibre SFP's, although when you use the fibre ports they are shared with ports 7 and 8 copper ports. I have used these extensivley, especially on MPx Cameras with IR or Heater / blowers. Depends on the cameras power requirements if you really need the Max power verson, the non max power is the SRW2008P, also use the SRW2024P alot and the SGE2000P. The SGE2000P is a great 24 port GIG switch, managed, stackable, redundant power supply option, and has 4x fibre ports.

For a mid size IP camera deployment I use the SRW's at the node locations (dependant on ports required) and the SGE's at the head end, connected by fibre.

Only down fall as mentioned in previous post. these switches are a bit noisy due to the fans.

Have not had any fail yet.

Thanks guys, I ended up getting the Linksys SRW224P 24 Port 10/100 PoE Switch +2 Gig Ports. Its on its way and I will let everyone know how it works out. It just seemed a little more robust and although its only 10/100, for home use I doubt that I would ever need a gig switch.