tmushy

Has anyone tried Windows 7 with Geovision

I do have another question. Kind of a hijack however.

I want to install 8.3.3. I really don't want to reload windows or my other programs. But I want to make sure ALL settings are gone from the old geo.

I will uninstall, find all the geo.ini files and delete manually. What about the registry? What's the best way to wipe this thing so there is not a single scrap of evidence to influence the new software load?

Any other tips and tricks here?

Question for people using Windows 7 and Geovision 8.3+... I have installed Win 7 on a system using GV800, but I can't seem to log in and view the cameras using WebCam. Is this working for you? When I attempt to access my system remotely, I go to the Webcam log-in screen, enter the username/password. The screen then refreshes and I get a Timed-out error.

Everything else seems fine. No other errors or lost data with the upgrade from Vista.

gv800 installed on win 7 32bit , every thing is working and smooth but aero off

Hi! A client of mine just changed their Windows XP professional to Windows 7. After installaing GV-1240 8-port PCI card for less than a day, the picture turned into mozaic imagae (small square dots that you can not see the picture). I uninstalled the Geovision program and installed it again and it will work fine for less than a day and turned into mozaic picture again. Is it the problem using Windows 7 or does the GV card has some problem? I have not tried changing the card to see if it will work with the PCI-E card. Any suggestion? I am planning to change it back to XP and see if it will work without the problem.

541280720_mozaicimage2b.jpg.07008b6db392325a477efa9a46c486d0.jpg

701505413_mozaicimage1b.jpg.522b9e57052973db0cc8a30bc99c9e45.jpg

What software version are you running?

8.3.2 will run it but some flaws, 8.3.3 is the first official version with windows 7.

Hi! I am already using GV8.3.4 After uninstalling and installing again, it will be back to normal, but after a while it will come back (the mozaic image).

I have re-installed 8.3.4 a couple of times now, due to an unrelated problem where I had to re-install Windows 7.

I had an error when running the 'Load Drivers' process, and it would fail.

Going to the Device Manager, I saw that the list had a bunch of 'Multimedia Video Controllers' with the yellow traingle on them.

Right clicking and following the process to manually install the drivers fixed the problem.

(This was also done with the Multimedia Audio Controllers that were showing up with the warning symbol).

Do this first, then install the main s/w.

Don't know why the loader doesn't do this properly, but this is the work-around.