Sign in to follow this  
gunthonungo

American Dynamics ADCDH3895CN and Panasonic WV-CF294

Does anyone have any experience with the American Dynamics ADCDH3895CN Discover Mini-Dome camera? How is it? Or, if it isn't any good, what would you suggest in its place? It's for outdoor use at a hotel.

Also how is the Panasonic WV-CF294? Is it a good indoor camera for a lobby?

I'm totally new to the CCTV stuff. I am just helping out my boss figure out which cameras to use around the property.

AD ADCDH3895CN Discover domes are great performer.. the one you are referring to is their day/nigh outdoor version and it performs well.. I will say it is one of the best in its price range... with three years warranty, you can not get shortchanged on the support... The pricing should be around $250..

As for the Panasonic WV-CF294, it is yet another decent performer... However, plan to use it indoors... The pricing should be around $260.

Both are very good performers for their price range.. Both come with 540TVL resolution cameras, very good lens choices.. and packaging excellent. I will strongly recommend both, AD the version for outdoor and the Panasonic version for indoor use...

If need additional info, let us know.

Does anyone have any experience with the American Dynamics ADCDH3895CN Discover Mini-Dome camera? How is it? Or, if it isn't any good, what would you suggest in its place? It's for outdoor use at a hotel.

I like the ADCDH3895CN and find it a decent performer. A couple things you should be aware of about it. If you buy this camera make sure you are not buying old stock as the newer version has the "New and Improved 3-Axis Gimbal", which is really a joy to use over the older style. Also, this is not a true Day/Night camera that uses an IR cut filter. That in itself shouldn't be a deal breaker, but it isn't IR sensitive. The low-light performance is good for the price, but if you need better night performance you will be paying more for better performance. For the price this cam is a real performer and should work nicely.

Thanks for your help. The outdoor lighting at night is decent (lots of fluorescent lighting), so I get the feeling the American Dynamics cam should do pretty decently. And, the pany for the lobby should do decently from what you guys are telling me too. I really appreciate your input. As for the pricing, I'm still working on it, but I'll update you as soon as I hear back from the seller.

Perfect... make sure whichever model you pickup, they come with full three years warranty... as both manufacturer warranties are three years... anything less then that should be a question...