rory

install - 4' foot walls

darn ran siamese for a 4 cam system today, install cams tomorrow and dvr, old old building, drillied in like 3'+ walls..worst thing was, walls didnt match up so moore than once , went into the wrong wall..darn most messed up design of a building i've seen yet, and down here, ive seen alot..course we were running the wires down into the 1920 concrete/wooden beamed basement mostly..

then there was the cable modem wires i drilled through by accident! had to splice that badboy back together... arGhH..hey it was hidden in the wall..we cut the client a deal,..so still need to pick up some PVC pipe in the AM..Last wire run..

will be online tomorrow though..

will post pix in the design forum..

3 feet? Ouch! I just did 22 inches through concrete and couldn't imagine 3 feet.

SBC (local telco) wanted a 2" conduit through the wall to run one tiny 25pair cable. The funny part is they wanted a pull rope and run of "true tape" to verify the conduit legnth. I asked if I could forgo the true tape since my roll of the stuff was 75 miles away and the run is obviously only 22 inches. Nope the tape was an absolute reqirement the engineer said. "The construction crew will not do the work without it" and yada, yada, yada 40 bucks later I had a roll bought locally.

3 days later I returned to install the phone system. To my dismay the pull rope AND true tape were still tied tight to each end of the conduit just the way I left it. The construction crew simply pushed the cable through the conduit; Just like I would have! What do those engineers know anyway?

YEP! 3' walls are a pain ... one wall was the outer part of an old rainwater tank converted into an office.

never did get those pixs take, just wanted to get out of there!!

Did some work in a old bank building. had to call Holes Inc. to cut holes for HVAC, Data, ect. 3 feet walls, floor, and ceiling with double 4 inch rebar grid.

Yeah, if I had more then then a couple of holes I might have considered calling in someone to core them out too.

I was cabling an office where I had to use surface mounted raceway throughout. It sucked. Flat roof on a slab foundation left raceway as the only affordable solution. Anyway... I was suprised when I was drilling through a number of walls and found 1/4" (or so) lead plates. One huge lead plate within the wall. It actually wasn't bad to punch through with a hole saw. The stuff was kinda malleable. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what all the lead was about. I finally asked and it turns out the place use to be a doctors office. They lead-lined the X-Ray rooms.