Parth Patel

Help with finding a Dvr

Hi i am looking for an Dvr for my convinence store i need something that will be able the have enough memory for a month and also i need to set 3-4 of my cameras on really high frames per second. With it also i need to it be also acessed remotely Thanks,

I am also willing to spend about $1,000-2,000 for it

I Appreciate your work

I am surprised! I thought everyone would jump in to get your business.

There are three things to look at. 1. Resolution 2. FPS 3. Compression

Resolution: CIF, or D1. D1 is the better of the two, but more expensive.

FPS: If you are looking for a 4 channel system then you will want a machine that does 120 FPS (30 per channel).

Compression: JPEG, MPEG, H.264. H.264 is better in some cases, and it is more expensive.

If budget is of the essence then pick two of the three, and sacrifice one.

If the budget is really tight then get a JPEG machinge that does 7.5 FPS with CIF.

If you are doing remote viewing then I suggest the H.264. I myself sell the ICRealtime DVRs with the D1 resolution.

I would probably put an AVTech DVR set for Frame in your store. It is easy to use, and it is not expensive, and it should do a great job depending on the lense selection of your cameras.

Surveillance kits out of the box are the worst to pick for your store. This is because they come with wide angle lenses, and you have a distance distortion which leaves you with poor facial shots in the video.

Have you checked your local surveillance showrooms to see demo's?

Any questions?

Hey Thanks for Your Help

My town is really small the only place that i have that sells the camera is sams club and i have no choice there. I am looking for a system that i could buy online

also i am wanting the jpeg or h.264 i would appreciate if you could specifically tell me a good system that i could by that would fit the budget of $1,000-2,000

and that is available for me to buy online

thanks

Hi i am looking for an Dvr for my convinence store i need something that will be able the have enough memory for a month and also i need to set 3-4 of my cameras on really high frames per second. With it also i need to it be also acessed remotely Thanks,

I am also willing to spend about $1,000-2,000 for it

I Appreciate your work

I think first you should consider how many channels do you want, since it is for your convenience store which should not be too large, so 4 channel is enough. And also compression format,H.264 is the best. Also remote access, almost all have this function. For HDD, 1TB is ok for you...Then you need high resolution cameras, 480 or 540 TV Line is ok, and then should make sure if you need cameras with PTZ function or night vision, almost all cameras now has night vision.

Above just for reference, hope it can help you a little!

2. Monitor - use a regular TV with built-in video in port using RCA connection - all you will need is BNC to RCA adapter here

What do you mean a regular TV monitor? I believe most TVs these day are something along the lines of LCD or HDTV. Basically, I'm trying to figure out how do you hook up a DVR to a LCD screen? Also, how long was that cable? I couldn't find out how many ft itw as for 250 dollars.