Thaleshwar

Firmware / Software for Avtech 761

Hi,

I have tried a lot but could not find any link / or website where I can download firmware / Software (English) for Avtech 761 as I need to replace the drive inside the DVR.

I will appreciate feed back and assistance

Thanks

You do not need any firmware to install a new hard drive.

Take the new hard drive out of the package, and put it staight in to the DVR, and you are good to go.

I do not recommend updating the firmware.

You do not need any firmware to install a new hard drive.

Take the new hard drive out of the package, and put it staight in to the DVR, and you are good to go.

I do not recommend updating the firmware.

Many thanks for your advise; I am sure I will be required to format new hard drive isnt it? as I have not seen format function in DVR menu.

Also is it possible to install as 'additional / slave' drive instead of replacing the original drive, I am asking this to know if 761 DVR will be able to power 2 hard drives without overheating etc. Kindly advise.

Thanks.

Do not format the hard drive!!!

Out of the package, and staight in to the DVR.

You will have to look on the inside of the DVR to see if you have space for the two hard drives, and if you have a dual power connector, and data cable for two hard drives.

It can power two hard drives with no problem.

You will have to look on the inside of the DVR to see if you have space for the two hard drives, and if you have a dual power connector, and data cable for two hard drives.

Many thanks for your prompt and helpful advise, really appreciated.

Will do as suggested by you this weekend and see how it goes.

Thanks again.

Yes, listen for Scorpion's advice, don't play with new hard drive or firmware, just install it!

Thanks, yes I am following what he have suggested.

I did manage to install new hard drive as master and old drive which came with the DVR as slave by using power splitter and squeezed in 2 drives by leaving one drive over the board with non-conductive packaging that comes with drive underneath the drive i.e. between the drive and board to avoid any short circuit, however my only fear is if it over heats and damages the board over the period. Otherwise DVR has recognised both the drives and working OK for now.

Thanks for all the advise.

Great Job!

Now that that is hacking at it's best!!

I would agree with you about the overheating issues.

I wonder if you can cut holes in the chassis to allow the power, and data wires to exit the and install the hard drive in a case to make it pretty, or to tinker toy something to hold the hard drive.

Have you added a fan?

I am concerned about the chips on the board. Video graphics are heat intensive.

Do you have pictures?