adas1023

New security camera

I'm simply searching for a camera to monitor my car as my tyres have been slashed several times. My car is no more than 10 metres away from my house. There isn't much lighting in the area so night vision i expect would help and I'm not concerned about it being discreet. I'm entirely unsure about how long i can record at a time, i don't have a video card in my computer but I'm willing to buy one if necessary. my budget is around 100 pounds (160 dollars), but would gladly go over or under this. If anyone can help me i'd be reeeeally grateful thanks!

Hello, I think you need a real time DVR Card and a vari-focal camera:

Requirements:

1. DVR Card:

H.264 Real Time Video Audio Network DVR Card

Great Software and Smooth Video. 30 frames per channel is a must.

2. vari-focal camera (it can ensure the high quality image)

Night Vision Min. Light: 0 Lux (IR On)

IR Irradiation Distance: 80' (25m)

May be it is around $150 which can meet your need!

If you need my help, please let me know!

Here is the unfortunate news. If you build a system on a limited budget, you may very well get video of someone vandalizing your car, but unless you know them personally, it's unlikely you will get any video that can be used to identify anyone. All the video will do is confirm that someone vandalized your car with a time stamp. I've seen many low-end videos of burglaries, and it's really difficult to see the persons face, particularly at night.

A home in our neighborhood had cameras mounted throughout the house and the front and back doors. Three men broke into the house, stole a bunch of stuff, noticed the video cameras, set the house on fire, and left. The police obtained many images, but none were very good. And that theft was in the middle of the day with good lighting.

So, the question to ask yourself is, what are you trying to accomplish? Do you need the ability to identify a person who vandalized your car in the middle of the night? That may influence your budget.

Best,

Christopher