So how do you record your analog cameras without encoding them? And by the Axis encoders have very good quality better then any DVR I have seen . Now would be a good time to post your amazing jeep image

I havent seen any yet, perhaps you could post one?

And I think everyone has already seen my $50 10 year old bullet cam image by now?

BTW I had someone try to break in my vehicles the other day and gave the video of the guy to the cops, his face was clear as day and it was night time .. ba da bing!

So how do you record your analog cameras without encoding them? And by the Axis encoders have very good quality better then any DVR I have seen . Now would be a good time to post your amazing jeep image

I havent seen any yet, perhaps you could post one?

And I think everyone has already seen my $50 10 year old bullet cam image by now?

BTW I had someone try to break in my vehicles the other day and gave the video of the guy to the cops, his face was clear as day and it was night time .. ba da bing!

Prove it

About IP PTZ HD cameras. Now I'm prepare project with Sanyo HD5600 IP PTZ cameras.

Them has some unicue features - analog PAL output and RS422 Pelco D control.

So, i will make "opposite" hybrid system - analog matrix switching and PTZ control with no control and view delay to operator "workstation", but with Full HD recordings.... All that signals are transmitted via the same CAT5e cable

What you thing?

What about its MJPEG mode? is it possible to get short latency with small format (640x480)?

I,m use that type of setup in one project. Of course, MJPEG latency shorter, and "no load" on operator workstation. Also, H264 stream from Sanyo also has little latency, but, to get "no latency" on monitor, you will need powerful PC....

for the i-frames how can they be identified programmically? for instance if i took wireshark and sniffed out a h264 stream where would it list the I frames? would it be in the headers and have some kind of boundary?

also is the I frame a single part jpg image or a multipart image like mjpg. do the I frames have boundaries that state where one ends and the next begins like mjpg does?

finally is the I frame always a jpg image or could it be another image format like png, tiff, jpg2000, etc.

Thanks.

So IndigoVision developed there own version of the h.264 like Arecont did?

It's more about the implementation.

there are many tools to use in the H.264 tool set. You don't need to use them all and can choose which ones you do or don't implement.

As H.264 requires a lot of processing power, many vendors are only implementing the basics.

This can mean different things occur. An H.264 can be transmitted as I-frames only, making it no better than M-JPEG. Great image though. It cn also be I and P-frames but if the ability to detect motion is not good, a blocky image occurs.

There is unfortunately not a easy way of specifying compression that can be compared between brands.

Yes. Depending on the model, it can be.

The BU-45H, for example, is called a "remote control" PTZ system.

It's created particularly for that use.