jimer337

DVR card and CMOS Cameras PROBLEM HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a pc with a dvr card installed which i use for personal cctv, up until recently i have been using 3 B&W CMOS cameras, 2 of the cameras i thought packed up cos all i would get is like snow interference on the video software program but 1 still worked.

So i thought i would change all of them to Colour CMOS cameras so i bought 3 installed them and guess what the same but now all 3 do the same "snow interference".

If the PC is cold (left for about 30 mins) when the pc starts the cameras will work for about 3 mins before the snow comes back, so i changed the PC to another one (just in case of temperature problems) but still the same, so i changed the DVR card 3 times 2 of the same make and 1 of a different make, guess what STILL THE SAME!!!!! But the one B&W camera i had that worked still works??????

I am stumped i have run out of ideas to try.

Any ideas would be greatly apprieciated.

James

I think it would be the best to test it along with an analog monitor.

You can try to hook up the video input from the DVR system to the regular analog monitor, such as a TV, when you notice the snowing issue.

If you still see the snowing issue on the screen, it is the camera you need to replace.

Depending on what kind of DVR board you are using, it could be different, but I have experienced the snowing issue when there was a damage on one of chips on the DVR board.

Allen

If I were you, I wouldn't purchase CMOS cameras because they tend to produce bad video quality, specially on low LUX levels (dawn, night, poor illumination) you will notice the "reddish" snowy background effect on the screen. I only purchase CCD cameras, CCD produces the best image quality.

If you decide to stay with your CMOS cameras, then you will need alot of illumination if you want to get a decent picture. If it is an outdoor camera, try putting extra outdoor powerful lights, you will only improve the picture, but not perfectionize it.

It is said that CMOS looks optimal with excessive sunlight while CCD requires substantial less sunlight. In my case, I ONLY use cameras with the CCD sensor since it looks cinematic down to night time, specially those SuperHAD Infrared cameras, I like the high quality theater like picture they produce at night and day.

Hope this help.

Yeah, first you'd better do something to make clear what the real issue is.

Just like AtoZDVR said, you can hook up your cameras to a monitor, and then see if there is snow, if so, it should be the cameras' fault. If not, maybe comes with the problem of your card.

And it is true that CCD can give you a great quality while it cost you a little more.