cglaeser

Suggestions for $1,000 day/night outdoor IP camera?

Um guys, CCTV Manufacturers have not really been 100% honest with Specs for the past couple decades, what makes you think IP Video manufacturers will be any different?

BTW, isn't Avigilon supposed to be the best for day night IP video?

FWIW, my testing indicates the shutter speed used for the Axis 223M was 2 seconds. Very, very slow. Perfect for studying cloud patterns at remote mountain tops. Not so good for identifying the guy who stole your stereo.

LOL. I agree. I really hate slow shutter, its just trying to make the camera better then it really is.

In the quest for ultimate low light performance, have any of you guys worked with EMCCD starlight cams like the Toshiba IK1000 or Samsung SHC750

Just gotta ask. How much are they?

Best,

Christopher

Quick google shows north of $5000 each, distribution is not much better... Havent found that "special" customer with a wallet that big yet..

As far as the Noble Peak, the impression I got at ISC was, if you gotta ask.....You aren't working for one of the three-letter agencies that have a wallet that big.

In the quest for ultimate low light performance, have any of you guys worked with EMCCD starlight cams like the Toshiba IK1000 or Samsung SHC750 , Or the shortwave IR cam from Noble Peak? Or do your customers ask prices first, like mine do ?!!

Seen them, but too expensive.