sje_123

4 Camera Cheap Setup please....

Hi guys,

Having had a good read through the forum I think I know what I need/want and I have come across this on ebay UK and just wondering what you think. It also retails in a UK highstreet retailer for £300. The ebay item number is 180333446402.

I was really after a wireless system including 2 cameras for monitoring the exterior of the house and the new car. From reading through here though it seems a wireless system can be tempremental!! It's just going to be a bit of a hassle routing the wires around the house etc.

I was jsut about to say nightvision is a must but they will b located next to 2 security lights so I'm not so sure now. How well would these cameras cope with a 'nightvision' to 'illuminated' transition?

I hadn't even heard of IP cameras so I have just had a good read about them too, I do have a wireless network setup but I dont really want to have to leave my PC's on 27/7 for recording, hence I was going with the DVR option.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Cheers guy,

I've been having another thorough read today about the different types of cameras etc and I think I want ones that are 420TVL.

So I have no found this set, look any good? I can't post the link but it is on mie-cctv with the standard UK address at the end and it is the 'Intermediate CCTV kit' with the upgrade to the 500GB HDD and another 3 External Cameras and the total is £400? I'd rather pay a bit more than that maplin/ebay set for soem better quality.

Any good?

Thanks again

Cheer Squiffy,

Could you, or anyone spec me a 'meduim range' 4 camera kit then for about £400 then, or am I asking too much for the price?

Whats the 'average' recording dimensions of a 'good' DVR then?

Cheers

Steve

I personally would aim for 720x576 recording resolution. The compression used to store it on the hard drive will ultimately dictate the quality, but MPEG4 and MJPEG usually give good results when a "best recording quality" option is chosen.

I would think a £400 limit for a good specification is possible, but you may need to shop around. In terms of value of money, the AVTech range of DVRs (often rebadged) are worth a look.

I opted to get some cameras from Lilin, which were old stock being sold off quite cheaply, worth a look for the budget conscious:

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/LILIN-CCTV__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Hello, according to your requirements, I think you need a 4 camera complete H.264 real time CCTV DVR system.

It should include a 4ch H.264 DVR with 500 HDD, the display/ record frame rate should be 30fps per channel to ensure real time.

And 4 indoor/oudoor cameras with 420TV lines.

The total will be around $500 as you needed.

Any help needed, please let me know!

Thanks Suky,

Could you link me to some DVRs and cameras that will fit the bill for the budget?!

Cheers

hi sje_123. full d1 recording 25fps on each camera is the best. and for what you are going to pay for 480tvl cameras you are best just putting a bit more money for 550tvl it will give you better recording for d1. but for a system in your budget take a look at this dvr.

http://www.avermedia-usa.com/surveillance/productdetail.aspx?id=18

what part of uk are you in. ???

Hello, I have send PM to you for the products link, please have a check.

Any help needed, please let me know!

Hi Tom, I'm near Hitchin in Herts! Could you link me to a place that sells the DVR you specified in the UK and a link to some 'average' 520TVL cameras?

Cheers

Feel free to PM!