Robert Oaks

Problem with Geo600 card installation

This is a new installation with a new computer, P-4 processor, 512 mem. good vga video card, and a GEO-600, 16 camera card. The installation has 12 color cameras. Cameras 1-8 come up fine. Usually, I can get camera 9 to come up, but when plugging in camera 10, 11, or 12, all cameras stop! When I remove cameras 10, 11, and 12, the other 8 or 9 come back. I have tried every thing that I can think of. If anyone can help, I would be very greatfull. Thank you.

Make sure that you did not overclock the fps in the system configuration. It will freeze the system if you go over 2fps in geovision.

Uhm, don't know why is doing that, I mean, a quality card should be able to automaticly select how many FPS to give each channel depending on load.

I-view does that, and why would you want 2fps per camera, that's really slow.

It is in the system configuration, and select which camera 1 or 2 or 3 and check all the way through 16 cams make sure you do not go over 30fps in total. 31fps will freeze the system evey 5 minutes to 15minutes. 32fps will slow the system every 1min to 5minute. In the camera section click on recording speed. Which version is this also.