purdywis

less than a year but 3 servers later

Hello all. I fould this forum while trying to research some issues I've been having with my geovision setups.

I like the post your setup page, pretty cool what some people get geovision installed on!

Anyways, I've got 3 geovision servers and 1-2 more on the way. I've primarily used supercircuits for my $150 5 year warranty cameras. I stepped into this position almost a year ago and already built one server of the 3. The ptz's that fell into my hands are another story!

bosch ptz's from what Ive read, do not play well with others since they wont release the 485 code to anyone. But I do have a couple KT&C Korean cheap ptz's from a few years back. They are full color and 22x optical zoom. The only problem I've been having with them is trying to get them to take presets through the software (pelco-d via the geo-io card)

I can move them and zoom just fine, but cannot get an auto scan, home, presets to work at all!!

What are you guys using for fully functional ptz cameras? I want to be able to ptz and recall presets/set inactivity pans all remotely.

Hello, are you going to talk about the remote control of your ptz camera?

If you set the local network and remote network up well, you can get it after you enter into the remote login IP adress.

Well, I would try to go to the IP, but its an analog camera

I use the geovision control card (spits out 485) and in the geovision software, I have tried the "pelco dome" and the HiSharp PelcoD, on the pelco dome there were options for protocol-D and protocol-D- KT&C PTZ.

Yes i have the baud set correctly to 2400 as if it were not then I wouldnt be able to do the normal movement controls.

Does this help to clarify?

It's possible the program isn't sending the right control codes... I've had similar strange issues using Pelco P and D via Vigil software. Some cameras seem to expect different control codes to kick them into their setting menus, and the problem with such "generic" protocols is that different software and cameras handle anything outside the most basic controls differently.

On one site, for example, I have two Capture PTZs (both Fastrack II, but one a much older revision) and two Pelco PTZs (one a Spectra III dome, the other an Esprit). One Capture doesn't like computer serial control AT ALL, the other all functions work great . The Esprit also works fine with all tour/preset/menu commands through the software... but with the Spectra, the menu buttons just open up the iris (which is odd, because I've seen lots of other sites using Spectra IIIs successfully with Vigil).

Hmm, that's an idea. You can tell the camera is not getting the command because it does not show it on the display (like if you click zoom it tells you its zooming)

Do you or anyone use a geovision setup because I want to make sure I can find someone who has definitive experience with a fully functional ptz and that software. I have my geovision setups and plan to do more to keep consistancy, and now is the time to get a ptz protocol/model/series that actually works and to stick with for the next 3-5 years.