kn1ght77

house brand DVR: help to review

hi all,

greetings from the east. i'm new to this cctv thing.

i found this house brand, from a local shop here. could you experts help to review?

I've seen the demo, it looks pretty good. the playback was pretty fast, etc. but being a noob, I'd prefer a 2nd or 3rd opinions...

the quoted price for the 4ch DVR alone is $460 USD. do u think it's a bit expensive?

thanks

i cant attach anything, and i'm not allowed to post a link to the datasheet cuz I'm a noob...

i guess i'll have to write the spec of the DVR by hand:

- H.264 (VP-HL410V)

- advanced CMS included (what is CMS?)

- pentaplex operation: live, record, playback, remote record, remote setting, remote playback

- max frame rate: 400fps live display, 200fps recording, 100fps playback

- intelligent 3G/GPRS support for mobile phone / PDA remote surveilance

- 500GB SATA HDD included

- USB

- DVR control by USB mouse, IR remote controller

- audio support: 1 in / 1 out

- independent camera config for each channel

- RS-485 interface for PTZ camera control

DISPLAY:

- frame rate: 100fps

- resolution: 720x576 (PAL)

RECORDING

- RESOLUTION: 720 x 576 , 720 x 288, 360 x 288 (PAL)

- VIDEO QUALITY 5 levels: highest , high , normal , low , lowest

- MODE: Normal / motion / alarm / schedule

- FRAME RATE: 25fps (720 x 576) , 50fps (704 x 288) , 100fps (352 x 288)

- PRE-ALARM RECORDING: 16MB (approxmately 8-10secs)

PLAYBACK

- DISPLAY: 1, 4

- FRAME RATE: 25fps (720 x 576) , 50fps (704 x 288) , 100fps (352 x 288)

- SEARCH: Time / event / calendar

- SPEED: Normal, pause, REW & FF ( 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64x)

Actually, the specification is not bad, but if for home use, I think it is no need. The price is reasonable, but there is a doubt about its reliability.

btw, what is CMS?

anyway, i'll share with you what we need this for. in this region, we can hire a live-in maid/nanny for reasonably cheap. but, some maids tend to misbehave. and we have a 1 month old baby.

so we thought if we use avtech 790 whose playback was rather slow (on a demo from another store shows web playback was like 1fps or something), we're afraid we could miss some important misbehaviour moments... what do you think?

the avtech 790 here is sold for $400SGD (which is about $300 USD).

the HL410 was $700SGD (which is about $460 USD).

you have a point for its reliability. the shop mentioned about warranty on the HL410, but i cant remember for how long. I think both are made in taiwan tho'...

any feedback is appreciated...

i'm a noob after all... ^_^

hey suky,

i just checked ur cctvhotdeals website. they are pretty hot indeed if i were to compare with what we get here for 4-ch system... *sigh* i wish i live in ur area...

btw, u seem to be an expert... what 4ch DVRs are available out there? which has good reliability and good specs... ^_^

hi all,

i found this house brand, from a local shop here. could you experts help to review?

I've seen the demo, it looks pretty good. the playback was pretty fast, etc. but being a noob, I'd prefer a 2nd or 3rd opinions...

the quoted price for the 4ch DVR alone is $460 USD. do u think it's a bit expensive?

thanks

hi! what tasks you put in front of home cctv system, what are the requirements to the dvr?

AVITECH good DVR

the task is to monitor my 'helper' and see if she does anything indecent such as:

- let my baby suck on her toes

- being rough on the baby

- feed soap water to the baby

- etc...

you may be surprised... but these indecent acts do happen here...

so from there, maybe you can help me to define the DVR requirements?

thanks a bunch

If I understand correctly, you want to watch the child's nanny, yes?

how many video cameras do you expect?

and this will also depend what dvr better buy.

CMS = Central Management System

Your typical remote access program for a DVR, but it will allow you to manage several DVRs from one place. Like, several DVRs each one in a store, and from a central place, one single computer can see the cameras from all DVRs on all stores, set up their own nice view where maybe they see 2 cameras from store 1, 1 camera from store 2, 3 cameras from store 3, etc.

hey suky,

i just checked ur cctvhotdeals website. they are pretty hot indeed if i were to compare with what we get here for 4-ch system... *sigh* i wish i live in ur area...

btw, u seem to be an expert... what 4ch DVRs are available out there? which has good reliability and good specs... ^_^

If only for home use without need for remote access, a DVR with MPEG-4 video compression format will be fine, for MPEG-4 is better for local storage;

If you need remote access, you'd better select H.264DVR, for H.264video format compressed picture is good for network transmission.