zanteian

Dead Camera Card in PC

Hi, I am new to CCTV. I am a computer service guy who has been asked to fix the PC from a CCTV system. Looks like the card that connects to the cameras is faulty. Stops system booting. I eventually found SKY 400HC hidden under the date label but cannot find a supplier (only minimum 10 pcs from China). Drivers seem to be Kodicom KCM8016D/ 4400R/ 5500/ 8800. PC owner has 8 cameras connected.

Am I correct in thinking this is 4400 clone card? Any advice would be welcome.

1) please increase the power supply of the PC

2) if the 8 channels system uses two 4 channels board, you may try to only use one board and see whether the pc can be rebooted.

The owner says the system worked fine for 2 years and only in last few months gave trouble. PC kept locking up. Now it will not boot with PCI camera card installed. Without the card it boots but gives errors because software cannot find card.

Probably got hit by power brown out or something. Maybe try it in another PC? Or try a different power supply in the Computer. Still no go then probably time to get a new card, especially if its a clone.

We always get what we pay. You had better purchase them from professional distributors of cctv solutions with reliable warranty and tech support.

sounds like a pirated card to me.

is it a new PC or was it working before?

Might not be .. I googled for "SKY 400HC" .. with the parentheses .. and they all point to the same company:

Shenzhen Skybest Electronic Co.,Ltd

http://www.acesuppliers.com/Supplier_Company/DVR-Capture-Card_Product_Showroom_30354.html

http://www.exporters.sg/showroom_item.asp?id=146025

http://www.tradekey.com/product_view/id/64696.htm

Hi zanteian .. try contacting them ..

Yes I did find these sites but they are all exporters, min order 100 pieces. I contacted the manufacturer but got no reply. They do not seem to make the 400 any more.

I ordered a replacement card from ebay which IS a clone, KMC4400. It works, the drivers are slightly different but the software is OK with the card. My worry was that if I replaced the card with something different, I would have problems with the software. The software, like the card is a mystery as far as information and documentation is concerned.

The software, like the card is a mystery as far as information and documentation is concerned.

Like the saying goes:

"If it ain't broken, don't fix it!"

As long as it works .. let it be .. till the day when u need to change .. then start worrying

you mentioned your client said it had been working for two years.. so that throughs out the suggestion of a clone card.. lets just try and eliminate your issues

1. if you still have the software and drivers.. take the cards out an install into another machine... see if the system recognises the cards and wants the drivers for it... install drivers.. reboot machine... then install the software.. lets see if this works

2. if you take the cards out .. does the system boot up..

3. have you installed any other hardware before this issue happened... you may have an IRQ problem or certain ports that are conflicting

4 check your boot device order in the bios and set to boot from HDD

5.. leave the cards in your machine.. take away all other attached devices and leave the power to your pc.. vga .. keyboard and mouse attached and try booting.. this will eliminate conflicts of other attached devices..

good luck..

Kodicom, Hikvision... are professional DVR card manufacturers, however, with high prices....

AOPVISION is a professional manufacturer of DVR & DVR CARDS, which is a good choice for you. The prices are not too high, but high cost performance.

AOPVISION doesn't produce products with high prices, but just commit themself to make the products for nearly all of users, say, every walk of people (home, office.....)

Anyone there is searching, please feel free to contact me.

(or we could make friends-----exchange ideas for DVR or else.....)

Best regards.