spickering

Siamese wiring sugestions please.

I am planning to being wiring a few cameras in the next week or so but I'm wondering the best way to do the wiring. The 2 cameras I have so far are Swann Bulldog cams which have bnc and 12v dc. I know siamese wire is the easiest but the price both locally and online seems awfully steep (unless I'm looking in the wrong place). I have read that wiring plays a huge role in the video quality but I am hoping for suggestions on how to just run some RG6 cable along side some power cable.

I am sure this has been asked and answered but I didn't run across anything in my search. If you have a link for me I'm certainly glad to read the threads!

I am estimating the lengths could possibly get to 100 feet each and I plan to add several more cameras in the near future (so I need a lot of cable...)

I have priced RG6 cable pretty inexpensively but I'm curious about how the shielding plays into it. There's "standard" shield and "Quad" shield that I've come across.

Then there is the power wire. I would be running the power wire probably the entire distance along with the video. I've come across "lamp wire" but none of it is shielded. I assume I would need it shielded or would the shielding on the RG6 be sufficient?

Is it worth the extra time to run two wires instead of just buying the siamese wire?

Finally, where can I buy the wiring most economically (price/quality)?

Thank you!

-Stephen

Wiring only two cameras is like "I'm only going to eat one peanut" . I would recommend buying at least 500 feet of COPPER Siamese cable. That will cost less in the long run when you add cameras. The copper is an efficient conductor which is especially helpful when using 12 volt equipment. Not to mention that you save $ when buying bulk over separate 100' lengths.

I am starting with 2 cameras to see how they work and decide whether they are the models to use all around the building or if I need longer lenses, etc. But I certainly will be buying more than enough wiring which is why I mentioned I'll be adding more cameras- but that's just it, 500 feet of 95% copper siamese wire is $220 +shipping (at cablestogo). But I wasn't sure just how necessary the siamese wire was or if it was mostly the convenience of having both wires in one. I know "Monster" cables are overkill in most home theater setups but so many people pay the big bucks for the name- I wasn't sure if this was similar or not.

So where is a good place to buy the cable?

Thank you,

Stephen