WRS_Mark

Looking for good quality IP camera with wireless transmitter

Hi,

I received a request from a client who needs to install a 5 camera system inside a church. While I have been performing installations for a few years now I have stuck exclusively to analog systems and have just started with IP cameras and only the Mega Pixel cameras as they are the only ones offered by my supplier. For this application I will be using a PC based Hybrid DVR/NVR with Avermedia 240FPS hardware. Because I have been using the same supplier exclusively for three years now and they do not supply anything other than the Mega Pixel IP cameras I would like to know if any of the PROFESSIONALS on this board could point me in the direction of a North American (Canadian would be great) supplier of good quality IP cameras? Indoor domes (4 of them - the other camera will be an ACTi 1.3MP which will be pointed at the stage) would be preferred as they are going to be installed in the daycare part of the church. Wireless transmitting will be taken care of by Air802.

Thanks a lot.

You need to fill in a few more blanks for us. Do you mean that you want all daycare IP cameras transmitted wirelessly to the church for recording / viewing, or the reverse, and at what frame rate?

Having said that, some of the Acti 1.2 MP domes (3511 inside, 7411 outside) would be a pretty good choice for the daycare, too. Acti does pretty well at a price / performance balance, I use their products frequently, along with Arecont, Panasonic, Pelco, and others.

If you are looking at live (20-30 fps) recording for the stage, Acti may not be the best choice there. You will have 8FPS at 1.2 MP, you could do 640X480 at 30 FPS, though.

If you are looking for true 30 FPS, test it well before trying it at a large function, 30 FPS from a single cam is often hard to do without hiccups.

By the way, thanks for being discerning enough to ask for PROFESSIONALS here, we will do our best to steer you right.

My apologies for my lack of details and thank you for mentioning it. The 4 cameras for the daycare, which is within the church are to transmit via wireless to the control room located perhaps 50ft away. A frame rate of 5fps@640x480 is more than enough as the intention will be to allow for remote viewing. I had considered going all ACTi, however, 4 Mega Pixel cameras in a fairly small area would be absolute overkill, not to mention of little use for people logging into the system to see what their children are up to. The only place in which the 1.2MP camera can be justified is on the stage and this will only be used to transmit to the DVR and from the DVR to another monitor.

And in regards to asking the opinion of PROFESSIONALS only, if I didn't care who answered me I might as well just go down to the bar and ask around for opinions there. I actually wouldn't mind going the analog route which I have a great deal of experience with, but I just am not convinced the transmitters I normally use will not suffer unacceptable interference.

I think you need pay more attention to these key features, when you choose a IP camera:

Image sensor: most employ 1/4" CMOS

IR night vision and visible distance depends on your need;

compression format should be M-JPEG;

Resolution: 640x480 (VGA)

Hope it helps!

Canadian IP cameras - have you considered Avigilon?

Excellent cameras, but you would need to run their software on a PC or server to record them ...

Also, you will probably need to purchase via a Professional.