Cashville

Geovision static/noise

SOME of that noise looks like it's because your taking a picture with a digital camera of a computer screen...

I took it with my cellphone, because I didn't want to go through the trouble of taking a printscreen, and putting in a pen, etc.

The noise is all real, it has nothing to do with the picture taken.

The noise right now is a little better, but still there is noise, and when something happens, and I need to get one of the cams in full view, the static is really noticeable, and doesn't let me see things clearly.

To JOINDVR: Thanks for your reply, I see you had some problems also, but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with the static I'm getting, mine is different from the one in your screenshots. Anyways, I will try the cards in some different computer set ups, to see if I can solve the problem.

Regards

Yes, After looking closer to your picture it is more noise related, try to unplugg all cameras and then add one and one to see if one or several of them give you this ****!

You can aslo to take a metal wire and make connection on all the BNC ground, like wire all first 8 cable into 1 big so that the outside metal of the BNC connectors are touching eachother.

JD

How is each camera plugged direct into a monitor?

Try each one in a CCTV Monitor, TV, or LCD using a composite (as these are composite cameras). If they are all okay, then put each one back onto the DVR one at a time. Also, check the Video Pigtail, if you have an extra one try that. If you are extending the video, that might be a problem also. Any abnormal hook ups on this system, like monitor extender, are all cameras individually fused? Are the cameras all the same brand or mixed?

Ok. The problem persists, and it's definitly from the card, so I can either buy a new one, or buy a DVR.

What do you think is best?

Regards

Hi!

I have encountered this kind of problem before. My first three sets of GV-1480 that I bought has this kind of problem after using for two to four years. I send them back to Taiwan for repair. Eventhough it was out of warranty, Geovision Taiwan do still make repair but you have to pay a small certain amount. Please check with your dealer.

After looking at your pictures taken, the static noise is just inside the camera picture. There is no static in the GUI frame. I am sure that the card has defective parts which Geovision Taiwan can repair instead of buying a new one first.

[/img]

Hi!

I have encountered this kind of problem before. My first three sets of GV-1480 that I bought has this kind of problem after using for two to four years. I send them back to Taiwan for repair. Eventhough it was out of warranty, Geovision Taiwan do still make repair but you have to pay a small certain amount. Please check with your dealer.

After looking at your pictures taken, the static noise is just inside the camera picture. There is no static in the GUI frame. I am sure that the card has defective parts which Geovision Taiwan can repair instead of buying a new one first.

[/img]

Hello. How much did they charge you for the repair? And also, how long did it take?

Regards

Hi!

[/img]

Hello. How much did they charge you for the repair? And also, how long did it take?

Regards

Hi! Geovision charged before USD50.00 to the dealer, but you have to add the additional freight cost shipment and other expenses for sending the item back and forth. Please contact your dealer as they will be the one to get in touch with Geovision Taiwan.

It takes around less than a month , I think.