ericr1

Looking for a Blinking Light for Ext Enclosure

Have a client that needs 3 outdoor cameras, I have already purchased some nice external enclosures, he would like a blinking light mounted on the top to attract attention to the camera. Would be great if they were 24vac but I can work with 12vdc. I have seen these used in large parking lots but cannot seem to find where to purchase them. Any help would be appreciated.

Have a client that needs 3 outdoor cameras, I have already purchased some nice external enclosures, he would like a blinking light mounted on the top to attract attention to the camera. Would be great if they were 24vac but I can work with 12vdc. I have seen these used in large parking lots but cannot seem to find where to purchase them. Any help would be appreciated.

for blinking light u can use "blinking LED" from Radio Shack

if 24V AC then u will need diode ,capacitor ,resistor if u know what i mean

In my experience, any camera that has a blinking LED on it is a fake. Do you want people to think your camera is a fake?

I think this might do the job, would be nice to find it around $20 a unit. The customer wants to draw attention to the camera with hopes people will see them and leave his equipment alone

Google "XPN4XMV/1R 22MM IP67" first result

As Soundy points out, a flashing LED would make a lot of people think it's just a fake camera, so it might actually have the opposite effect. Personally I would suggest prominent signs indicating the use of 24/7 CCTV recording instead.