TheLastBoyScout

Mixing Speco Intensifier cams and Panasonic WV-CS854A

Hello Forum,

This is my first time posting here in this forum. I have been in and out of the Private Security field over the years, finally settleing down working for the Gov for the DSS. I have a basic knowledge of video systems from reading and buying different cameras over the last two years. I am now retired (hmmm) and I have a seven acre piece of property I want to secure with video surveillance.

I have about 10 Panasonic WV-CS854A & B PTZ cameras as well as earlier WV-CS654's and 404's. I also want to utilize some newer higher resolution cameras (Speco Series II) in various positions. The issue is, I want to be able to remotely access the system while at home and away from the property. Mixing the two types and getting the end result that I want. It seems as though I can't get a straight answer from the local dealers, all they want to do is disregard my Panasonics and install all new equipment, estimates from 15K and up to 20K. I have all the necessary multiplexors, controllers, DVR, etc. I'm just a little overwhelmed and thought that I would tap the brainpower of this pool of experts. I would sincerely appreciate a straight forward response from the group.

Thank you

Edited by Guest

Hi lastboyscout.

if your old cameras work then use them and in some cases old cameras are alot better than some of the cheap stuff on the market today. but i would say upgrade to a new dvr if you wish to have remote viewing on laptop or cellphone. i am in the uk but i buy my dvrs from america i use avermedia you can see a demo on my site at

http://www.cctvengineer.com/page3.html

this is not an expensive system but it is very good as you can see from the demo. also here is a link to a dvr spec

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=86

if you also go to avermedia usa on google they will let you know who is closest to you. hope this info helps. regards Tom

Did not know there was anyone who even liked those dvr's, how many channels are on those? I know they can both be networked and should work very well for viewing.

Hello Forum,

This is my first time posting here in this forum. I have been in and out of the Private Security field over the years, finally settleing down working for the Gov for the DSS. I have a basic knowledge of video systems from reading and buying different cameras over the last two years. I am now retired (hmmm) and I have a seven acre piece of property I want to secure with video surveillance.

I have about 10 Panasonic WV-CS854A & B PTZ cameras as well as earlier WV-CS654's and 404's. I also want to utilize some newer higher resolution cameras (Speco Series II) in various positions. The issue is, I want to be able to remotely access the system while at home and away from the property. Mixing the two types and getting the end result that I want. It seems as though I can't get a straight answer from the local dealers, all they want to do is disregard my Panasonics and install all new equipment, estimates from 15K and up to 20K. I have all the necessary multiplexors, controllers, DVR, etc. I'm just a little overwhelmed and thought that I would tap the brainpower of this pool of experts. I would sincerely appreciate a straight forward response from the group.

Thank you

Hello TheLastBoyScout,

It seems that the two DVRs you've already had both support remote access...Maybe you just don't know the way how setup the network.

If for this, you can contact with the sellers, or just ask a technician to help you...

Best regards!