rory

PanoServer

You're right, pretty cool.

How do you keep finding this stuff? You are definitely the link-master!

Sony has a similar camera. But it only has 1.3Mpixel and 7.5fps

RemoteReality has one, but I think they only work with government - we keep our eyes on them

There is Genex, EggSolution and BeHere... they are kinda laying low.

If you are looking for a distributor - EyeSurround.com has a similar camera to what you see on this chinese site, from AAC Inc.

But personally I would recommend a fish-eye lence to parabolic mirror. There is couple reasons to that:

1. Most important - parabolic mirror has blind spots (one huge blind spot right undernieth it)

2. Reflections of non-planar mirrors are generally blurred

3. Typically you have to place this camera right in the middle of the room (cant put it in corners)

The only plus would be the price - mirrors are obviously cheaper than fish-eye lences. Other than that I just dont like this black spot in the middle - someone is going to be stabbed right under your camera and you're going to miss it!

Anyway, you can check out our fish-eye lence cameras here.

Well, yes your right. Though all PTZ Cameras should be complimented with a fix camera also.

Ill take a look at eyesound, since im not ready to buy from Asia just yet

Ahhh, yes... Forgot about PTZ

This fish-eye lence technology cannot compare to PTZ in terms of quality - it is strictly for situational awareness. However - I must tell you - they are in the same price range. So its kinda hard to tell what is better, but I can tell you what is deffinetly going to be better! The mix of both is going to be perfect:

The 360-camera captures activity in all directions, and PTZ camera automaticly zooms in on the area of interest. Takes a snapshot, stores in database and forgets about it.... If anything happens - the 360 camera will have it on footage, and PTZ can pull the mug shot in hi-res for evidence.....

Now that would be nice! I dont think anyone has it - but I have couple guys working on it We'll see....

It would be a perfect mix ...

Either way, I guess we have to use their software for this to even work ... so hopefully they will throw in an SDK or ActiveX so we can customise it ..

When you get it running let us know .. its harder for us down here to test things out, cost wise we get raped with customs duty!