DVR MAN

Stand alone DVR time tweak?

My 16 channel stand alone DVR time stamp gains around 8 minutes a month. Is there a pot, or any other way to correct this problem?

Without knowing the exact make and model of the DVR, the best anyone here can give you is, "MAYBE."

I'd check to see if it has a time-sync function that allows it to sync periodically with internet-based time servers, like time.nist.gov.

Maybe

If the option Soundy suggests isn't available, then it's usually a matter of a reference oscillator (usually a crystal) being slightly misaligned.

In the past, such circuitry would have a small trimming capacitor alongside the crystal, but as a cost-cutting measure, it's usually just fixed capacitors these days.

Replacing one of those capacitors with a trimming capacitor and then aligning it exactly on frequency would be required. If the crystal isn't metal encapsulated, then replacing it with one that is will improve long-term stability (less prone to thermal drifting).

LOL @ Squiffy.

If he could do all that then he probably could just build himself a new DVR out of household electronics.

anyway, gaining is strange, still check the battery if it has one.

Maybe

If the option Soundy suggests isn't available, then it's usually a matter of a reference oscillator (usually a crystal) being slightly misaligned.

In the past, such circuitry would have a small trimming capacitor alongside the crystal, but as a cost-cutting measure, it's usually just fixed capacitors these days.

Replacing one of those capacitors with a trimming capacitor and then aligning it exactly on frequency would be required. If the crystal isn't metal encapsulated, then replacing it with one that is will improve long-term stability (less prone to thermal drifting).

LOL...... The forum is full of funny questions and answers tonight

> If he could do all that then he probably could just build himself a new DVR out of household electronics

lol - it can be difficult to fit a trimming capacitor as described, even for someone used to such things, so it's a shame that manufacturers/designers cut costs in these ways, what was a straightforward tweak becomes a major hassle.

Probably the most practical solution would be to replace the crystal if it's as described and increase ventilation to keep the internal circuitry less prone to thermal drift.

Thank you for your inputs!

Here is the MB........................I cannot add the .jpg! Why?

This is going to kill the forum input!

I see a "Close all open bbcode tags" command line listed at the top of this note box even though the check box says they are on. The Website should fix that ASAP!

Edited by Guest

it rarely worked from day one, i dont know as im not the admin.

I always use something like www.tinypic.com or my own website hosting.

Rory

it rarely worked from day one, i dont know as im not the admin.

I always use something like www.tinypic.com or my own website hosting.

Rory

I use thumbs to shrink the pic. See above edit. The site says HMTL is off, BB code is on, Smilies are on. Why is HMTL off, and why does it say BB code is on when it is really off? Don't you tell them what to do?

I use thumbs to shrink the pic. See above edit. The site says HMTL is off, BB code is on, Smilies are on. Why is HMTL off, and why does it say BB code is on when it is really off? Don't you tell them what to do?

Most forums disable HTML for security reasons. Not that it stops people hacking open source PHP forums anyway

BBCode is working, what error are you having?

if this = that then
   msgbox "yippie!"
end if

108296_1.jpg

I locate a pic, upload it and the pic goes into space! I saw a command line above the post box that said bbcode is off. The check box says it is on! I just emailed 1&1.

I locate a pic, upload it and the pic goes into space! I saw a command line above the post box that said bbcode is off. The check box says it is on! I just emailed 1&1.

We are killing the thread discussing this. Uploading is not working, please locate an image from another website/hosting company and post the BBCode IMG tags to show it here for now. Thanks. http://www.cctvforum.com/faq.php?mode=bbcode

www.tinypic.com seems to work best right now for images and small videos, www.mediafire.com for larger videos and files.

Edited by Guest

"HTML is OFF" means you aren't allowed to embed HTML codes in your message. This is usually done for security purposes, to prevent people from embedding malicious code in their posts.

BBCode is an HTML-like formatting code that most web forums use for things like embedding pictures, formatting text, etc. Where it says "BBCode is ON", you can click on BBCode and it will open another window explaining it and listing some of the supported codes.

When you click, for example, the "IMG" button, it places a BBCode IMG tag in your post, and marks the button with a * to show that the tag is "open". After you enter your image link, you click the button again, and it will place the /IMG tag and remove the * from the button. If you have multiple formatting tags started, the "Close Tags" link will close those off with the "/slashed" version. That's all that link is for.