jets

Hikvision 8000 configuration/ netowrk help needed- anyone?

Greetings:

I'm trying to set up a Hikvision 8000 16 input DVR to use its NVR client software, and so far am being unsuccessful.

There are fields labeled 'connect port' and 'dns server port' and, because I don't understand networks at this point, I'm having a hard time figuring out what to put in these fields.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi mike-

Thanks for reply-

re: Client software version:

The dealer sent me NVR client software and manual.

The manual states version 5.05

The software zip file says V5.29

Wouldn't the port #'s be specific regarding how the site's network is configured?

Thanks for offer of screen shots.. I'll send contact info off-list

Jeff

Hi - thanks for offer of assistance- how to contact you online?

I will be at customer's site tomorrow Weds around 10AM ET trying to connect.

Jeff

I‘m sorry maybe we have a time difference.

I have a 8016HC, but there is no "dns server port" on both the front and Rear panel. Do you only want to connect it to your NVR? Do they in a LAN?If yes, you can connet it to a monitor via VGA port first to set the IP of your EM-dvr. Or if you have a SADP, you can aslo use it to change the IP. The UTP port is used to connect to network. Then just add the EM-dvr to your NVR is ok.If they are not in a LAN, you have to map the port number and http port to your router.

Hi. Are you with Hikvision? You said 5.29 was 'a software from us'. Do you mean a software from the US? Or a software from Hikvision, which you are a part of?

Re: Time: I am massachusetts in the US. Are you in Asia with a 12-14hr time difference?

I was able to connect briefly on 1 PC.

When I installed the client on additional PC's, even though the client was not activated on more than 1 PC, I suddenly can see only 8 cam images- the other 8 windows are completely blank- they do not even show the 'No Video' logo. The VGA output on the DVR does show cam images in all 16 windows.

Even connecting via IE, I originally saw all 16 cams.. now I see 16 windows, but only the 1st 8 show images.

This is crazy.

I think the unit is defective.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes, I am in China. 5.29 is one of our softwares, which is made for Hikvison but it's an old version. Did you try to contact Hikvision to solve your problem?

According to what you said, your settings in the EM-DVR may be not good enough or it's not a good one because you can't view all 16 cameras even via IE.

If you don't want to or can't turn to Hikvison, you can send me the WAN IP and port of your EM-DVR. And I will check why it only shows the first 8 cameras.

Besides, you can check whether your all channels are main stream or sub stream. When you set it in main stream but choose sub stream to connect, it will be failed. What's your operation system? Windows(2000 and XP) is recommended. And your display card should be good enough. You can't forget to connect 9-16 using video cables,right?

Hi William:

Thanks for reply.

It is difficult to communicate between different languages.

I only know 1 language.

Congratulations to you for speaking more than 1 language.

I believe you missed some information in my previous posts.

I see 16 images on 1 pc.

While those 16 images are displaying on 1 PC, another PC only show 8 images.

16 + 8=24 total image between the 2 PC's.

If i close software on each PC, then re-open, i see 16 images on the PC that previously displayed only 8 images, and I can see 8 images on the other PC.

i was told by dealer that 8000 series DVR can deliver 16 images to many individual PC's at same time.

i was told by person familiar with these DVR's that 8000 series can only deliver total 24images.. no more.

Yes i have spoken to hikvision engineer and tech.

Engineer says 5.29 version won't work with 8000 unit.

Dealer sent me 5.29 and says it does work.

Everyone tells me different thing.

But still i have only 24 total images.I have tried this with default stream set to both main and sub.

No difference

thanks for offer to look at DVR, but it is on firewalled LAN. i don't know the port #.

I'm not an expert (with these DVR's ) but this almost sounds like a licensing issue. Did you import the license file on the workstations that can only see 8 channels? I think it's called dvspass.dat...or something similar. I have an 8 channel 8000 Gen IV running 5.29 and I could not see all channels from multiple clients until I obtained the correct .dat file from the vendor I purchsed the unit from (for what it's worth, I will be purchasing any future units from Mike @ shoreview..bought a couple of cameras from him after purchasing the DVR...great guy with tons of patience!).

If you can only connect 24 units and not 32, you may want to check your "maximum number of cameras over network" on the 5.29 software. I run Hikvision DVR cards with Netvision 5.29, which might be a slightly different set up than you have, but my Netvision SERVER software has a field to tell what the maximum number of cameras you will allow to go to client PCs over the network. The default is 128 cams. It is possible this got changed to 24 you yours. Go into your main setup and network set up and look for this setting, and see what this value is set for.

william_netvisiondvr

You didn't answer Jets question clearly. Do you work for Hikvision? I guess what I'm asking is this: Is Netvision owned by Hikvision? Or do they just make software and sell it to Hikvision? Thanks.

william_netvisiondvr

You didn't answer Jets question clearly. Do you work for Hikvision? I guess what I'm asking is this: Is Netvision owned by Hikvision? Or do they just make software and sell it to Hikvision? Thanks.

He is tech support for Netvision

Netvision separate company writing soft for other OEM

william_netvisiondvr

He is tech support for Netvision

Netvision separate company writing soft for other OEM

Yes, he is right. Sorry, we were on a vacation during the last several days so I was not here.