John D

Is there a good comparison of GeoVision cards? Which to buy?

I'm looking to install a 8-camera system for my home, so I was thinking about buying a 12-camera card in case I want to add some.

But I don't know where to start as far as which model line I should look at 600/650/800/1120/etc? Is there a good comparison grid somewhere of features?

also what's a "capture card" vs a "combo card"?

What are the types of things I should be considering?

I'd like web viewing, possible live TV viewing, recording with markers when motion was detected, high quality resolution, optional hardware trigger input (ie door bell or hardware motion sensor). Might like one monitor specifically to show the front door camera. Email alerts.

Are these the things that differ amongst these cards?

Any guidance appreciated.

I've looked on geovision and usavision site but they don't have a good view from my perspective

I've since found that procctv's website does a decent job of explaining some of the differences in the cards, such as:

"GV-1240-8 and GV-1240-16 are combo cards providing not only a video capture card but also a built in DSP display board and an audio input board. The DSP display board displays real-time (30fps) video on all cameras and an ancillary composite video-out port through which defined camera images can be sent to a secondary composite monitor. The DSP does not affect recording speeds. The number of audio inputs is equal to the number of video inputs. The other primary difference between the GV-600, GV-800 and the GV-1240 series of video capture cards is the speed. GV-1240 series boards have real-time display (30fps/camera) and recording speed of 240 frames per second, allowing real-time viewing with recording speeds of up to 30 frames per second per camera. When critical applications call for full motion video, the GV-1240-8 will provide 30fps per camera and the GV-1240-16 will provide recording speeds of between 15 and 30fps per camera. Software is basically the same as for the GV-600 and GV-800 series."

That's been quite helpful, FYI. If others know of similar comparisons on other websites, I'd appreciate it as well.

Thanks