rory

Vivotek 7138 or Acti ACM-4200

Which do you think is the best for a single camera indoor app?

This is not for a low light app. Thanks.

I am gonna recommend the Acti because I have installed them and I know they work and they are cheaper. Also if you want POE support you would want the 4201. The 4200 is the same camera with out POE.

only reason i was considering the vivotek is because it has the SD option for saving images (or video?). as opposed to having to setup a NVR for just a single camera. I was looking at some video from vivotek's website though and it didnt look that clear.

only reason i was considering the vivotek is because it has the SD option for saving images (or video?). as opposed to having to setup a NVR for just a single camera. I was looking at some video from vivotek's website though and it didnt look that clear.

I have installed the 6111 but it is now sitting on my work bench replaced it with an ACTi... Never a big fan of there product even and ISC I went though there both and I even said to the one girl that the images where not that good.

would be real nice if Acti could squeeze an IR cut filter into a 4201 !

would be nice if they can make Day Night MP cameras that will replace CCTV Day Night cameras

Wait, is the 4201 same as the 4200? It doesnt have an IR cut filter?

no POE for me thanks, though it sounds nice getting a POE router/switch will be a problem here, probably, problems enough getting a basic wireless router these days, and expensive!!! Linksys Wireless 4-ch basic Router now around $150 here.

Hello guys! It is an interesting thread. I noticed different opinions about ACM-4200. Every opinion and idea can help make progress. ACTi is learning a lot from customers' thoughts and proposals.

Speaking of adding a night support for ACM-42xx series, can you suggest some applications where you need such feature?

So far, the customers choose box, dome or bullet cameras for indoor night monitoring. Is there a need for cube camera with night support? Maybe the main idea is to have a low budget indoor night camera regardless of design?

the ACM-42xx with a cut filter will allow it to be used in more situations.

At the moment most of the Actis are useless at night that's when the bad guys

are around.

Also the ACM-42xx series with its C mount lens option would make a great cam for a vast amount of lenses out there.

Being able to use it with IR lighting also would be a huge bonus because the

other models are 2-3 times the price.